• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Decepticon Droid Boot Animation

sorry, not too sure what is wrong. Did you download the drivers or the ABD? Maybe someone with a little more knowledge will speak up.

Downloaded both actually lol. Thanks for posting this up though! Its probably a lack of my computr savvy with zipped files. Maybe when I have more time I can try it again..... or ill just root my phone and it'll be easier. Once I decide for sure I won't be taking my droid back lol

Upvote 0
Downloaded both actually lol. Thanks for posting this up though! Its probably a lack of my computr savvy with zipped files. Maybe when I have more time I can try it again..... or ill just root my phone and it'll be easier. Once I decide for sure I won't be taking my droid back lol

your not unzipping the bootanimation are you? you dont want to unzip those.

First with teh instructions I posted. make sure you have you file renamed to bootanimation.

I use 7-zip to zip my files up ... 7-Zip if your using XP download the 32 one...

then select the opened zip(if you have opened it and highlight only the files inside it, the part0 part1 and the desc.text. right click and click on 7 zip. the i think its the first option. once its there put in the top bar bootanimation

the for compression level put store

then hit the ok button.

then copy it and past it into your tools folder...dont unzip it.

then do the command prompt (run, cmd , ok)

then cd (change directory) and where ever your tools are located ie...
C:\android\tools.....or where ever it is, make sure you put the cd then space then the location. if you are not sure where it is look in the browser when you have it opened.

then hit enter

then push the file on to your phone.

no if you have not changed the name, you can put the file in your tools folder manualy then push the folder to your phone and make it force the name change...

like this...

in the command promt

adb push decepticon_1.03.zip /data/local/bootanimation.zip

enter

Upvote 0
wow this definitely took me waaay to long to figure out. I couldn't get the animation to install from the OPs instructions, and somehow I got sidetracked and installed android 2.1, then rooted my phone, and then re-installed 2.01 because i didnt like 2.1 since it deleted all my info/apps. But after all that I realized I was trying to transfer the file bootanimation.zip.zip :eek:

Anyways, I finally got the animation installed, but I wanted to know if Blue could post a .zip file of just the decepticon transforming w/o the red matrix thing. Ive tried messing around with the pictures in parts 0 & 1 and the numbers in the desc.txt file but cant seem to get it to work right.

EDIT: scratch that I got it working using the 7zip program

Upvote 0
Where exactly can i find this at? i was about to do this when i thought...what if i wanna go back???" i looked for it using astro file manager but no luck

You can find the original bootanimations and many others here Boot Animations - Droidboots to bad I can not get them to work. I get stuck in second command abd push bootanimation. Aaargh!!!!! The system cannot find the path specified.

Upvote 0
So I also wanted the decepticon animation without the matrix stuff and have edited the structure, rezipped and pushed to the phone and it worked great except at the end before the lock screen shows the screen goes black, has the time displayed messed up vertically and says NO SERVICE in a large font at the top. :eek:

All I want is either a looping decepticon animation or even better the decepticon animation either once or twice and then the eyse to pulse red until the lock screen shows. Any advice??

Thanks, love the boot animation!

Upvote 0
sorry it took so long to get back with you. I did have one started but never finished it. I can work on it some tomorrow and have it ready for ya in a few days. (we are pretty busy at the moment, plus its the wife's birthday tuesday, so it may be next week when i get it posted) Ill keep ya posted on it...

Upvote 0
sorry it took so long to get back with you. I did have one started but never finished it. I can work on it some tomorrow and have it ready for ya in a few days. (we are pretty busy at the moment, plus its the wife's birthday tuesday, so it may be next week when i get it posted) Ill keep ya posted on it...

No problem buddy. I appreciate your work and am happy with what you have done. I dont expect anything. If you get to it kewl, and if you dont its no biggie. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones