• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Delete pre-installed apps?

Jeffgothro

Lurker
May 16, 2010
I just bought my first phone ever, so far I'm not overly impressed, it's about as stable as win98. The built in gmail is crap...if I send mail from gmail webpage I have no. problem, but if I send it from the phone I get errors or the mail floats off into space, who knows where it goes. Is there a way to un-install all this junk, there are at least 10-15 applications on this phone I have absolutely no use for and just eat up battery and ram? Update, was reading some other forums and I guess you can't really, or you have to hack the crap out of your phone...to bad I guess, they should make an Android lite version, I don't need Facebook, Twitter, nfl, stocks, nascar, or another half a dozen apps that came with the phone.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones