• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Deleting recipient history

DavidPula

Lurker
Aug 14, 2021
I just don't seem to be able to solve this issue and it's driving me crazy. I've sent dozens of e-mails in the last several days, and although I did delete other contacts on my Gmail profile, it did not work on my phone.

When I click on the option to start writing a new e-mail and type, for example h in the recipient category, all previous recipients starting with h are listed. The same goes with any other letter.

Clearing cache and data on my settings did not work.

So do you have any ideas?

I don't want to factory reset my phone.

Pretty sure that I never made it stop, mostly because it doesn't really bother me much because I don't have a ton of contacts with e-mail addresses.

Also, it may take me a bit, because I am moving and I just got a new phone and am experimenting with deGoogling the device.

And my job sucks, too.
Lol, life sucks at the moment.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones