• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Deodex for 2.2 ota?

i must have asked this question in several threads over several forums and never seem to get a response.. do people not know the answer?

I honestly dont know for 100% sure, but I dont see why if you have removed the app why it would matter with manually deodexing. From what I understand of this process it looks at the apps you have on there, takes the odexed version away. so if theres not an app there to deodex it wouldnt really know. if its not there, then its not there for it to do anything to... if that makes sense

but again... I do not know 100% on that.

Upvote 0
We're in a thread discussing deodexing. Last time I checked, 2.2 is odexed and 2.1 is not. Why would we be talking about 2.1?

It's not a question of 2.1 vs 2.2, it is a question of the OTA 2.2 version vs the leaked 2.2 versions.

Let's try not to take the comments too personally. Clearly there was a combination of misunderstanding and assumptions being made here. Your information wasn't wrong, but I would agree with the idea that it is better to err on the side of caution and over explain things. The last thing someone wants is to brick their phone because they misunderstood something they read, or made some false assumptions about what they read.

Reactions: Gareee
Upvote 0
It's not a question of 2.1 vs 2.2, it is a question of the OTA 2.2 version vs the leaked 2.2 versions.

Let's try not to take the comments too personally. Clearly there was a combination of misunderstanding and assumptions being made here. Your information wasn't wrong, but I would agree with the idea that it is better to err on the side of caution and over explain things. The last thing someone wants is to brick their phone because they misunderstood something they read, or made some false assumptions about what they read.

My thoughts exactly. I've seen a few people ask questions, and then we come to find out they are 11 or 12, have never had a smartphone before, and are screwing around with the operating system clueless that them might brick it for good.

Upvote 0
Im sure Im blind but I cant find any of the done files in the zip that we are supposed to move in the instructions, can someone tell where I find these files. also I did step four without deleting the guava.odex file even though I cant find it either. should I just start over. any help would be very grateful.

Upvote 0
I cant find the files that are in the xultimate but I can tell you that your sdk tools are going to be in your c drive. go to mycomputer and click c drive and you should see android sdk windows. click that and you will see the tools folder. can you tell me where you found the done files and the guava.odex file. also go to accesseries and your cmd will be right there and you can type the commands there.

Upvote 0
Are the sdk files something I have to install manually?, if so where do I get them?
Because I can't seem to locate them on my computer.

The 'done_app' and the 'done_frame' folders are both in the location where you unzipped xUltimate-v2.2.2.
The 'guava.odex' file is in the 'origi_frame' folder.

I see auto_app.exe and auto_frame.exe but no done_ anything in the zip, and is the origi_frame in my phone because I looked and found nothing. I did find the guava.odex in my framework folder in my phone, should I delete that one.

yes you have to install the sdk on your pc and just instal it right in the c drive nowhere else. here is a link that will help you.
http://developer.android.com/sdk/installing.html

Reactions: Phone Gnome
Upvote 0
Man I feel dumb, all this time I was driving myself crazy trying to get the cmd prompt to work and didn't even have the files.

All the file's you need are in the unzipped xUltimate-v2.2.2 on your computer.
'done_app' and the 'done_frame' are folders that need to be copied from the computer to the phone.
The same is true with the 'guava.odex' file which should be deleted from the unzipped xUltimate-v2.2.2 on your computer (at the right step).

Upvote 0
Man I feel dumb, all this time I was driving myself crazy trying to get the cmd prompt to work and didn't even have the files.

All the file's you need are in the unzipped xUltimate-v2.2.2 on your computer.
'done_app' and the 'done_frame' are folders that need to be copied from the computer to the phone.
The same is true with the 'guava.odex' file which should be deleted from the unzipped xUltimate-v2.2.2 on your computer (at the right step).

ok can you tell me where in the zip because I have looked everywhere I even downloaded it three times and they are all the same. I go into the jar folder and them there is only one folder in there and that is the cygn and help everything else is exe and other types of files but no other folders.

Upvote 0
The folder should be in the root of the unzipped xUltimate folder and the 'guava.odex' file is in the 'origi_frame' folder.
The xUltimate-v2.2.2 zip can be found here it might be easier to just dl to your computer and unzip. Not sure if the installation process alters the files in those folders but you might want to consider starting the process over just to be certain.

Upvote 0
Before you even bother trying to manually deodex your device, you should know how to do a couple things.

1.) Learn how to use ADB. If you have ADB set up and know how to actually use it, then half of this entire process will be a breeze. [HOW-TO] ADB for Dummies(How-To Learner's Guide) - xda-developers

2.) You should use the cd DOS command to navigate your command prompt's current directory to another. ie. - cd c:/Android/tools
Code:
Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner>cd desktop/android/tools/

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\android\tools>

Upvote 0
Thanks to the forum members here I was able to successfully deodex.
My X now has leaked 2.3.15 rooted, deodex and backed up.

For all the newbs (like myself), I suggest you make sure your java is updated, and the android-sdk program is installed.
'Open command window here' also makes for easier prompt input and don't forget to do a back-up prior to deodexing.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones