• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Desire HD Alarm not working when the battery Finished !!

When you say finished, do you mean flat? Because if it is completely flat then nothing will work. I think that all mobiles will operate the alarm even when switched off but that still requires some level of charge.

The solution would appear to be to charge it at night while you're sleeping assuming you have a power point in your bedroom.

Upvote 0
When you say finished, do you mean flat? Because if it is completely flat then nothing will work. I think that all mobiles will operate the alarm even when switched off but that still requires some level of charge.

The solution would appear to be to charge it at night while you're sleeping assuming you have a power point in your bedroom.

I know I can put it all the night in the charge but is there a problem about the battery when it got full and keep it in the charger a lot of hours ?

I think some days and my battery get weaken ?

Upvote 0
It's not such a silly question. With all my previous handsets I have been able to switch the phone off before I go to bed and have the alarm go off when it's supposed to in the morning.

Thanks. Definitely not a silly question. Literally all my previous handsets had this function to 'wake them up' when turned off and then sound the alarm - even my last phone (HTC Magic) had this function so im surprised its not on the desire hd. oh well just keep it charged up

Upvote 0
You will be just fine. The phone knows when the battery is full (charging light turns green) and will not push anymore juice into it.
That's kind of true, there are features built into the phone and charger to limit over charging; however its impossible to stop this without a physical switch. There will always be a small current running from the charger into the phone if there is a wire connecting it to the mains.

But I agree with you, leaving it on charge all night is not the biggest thing in the world, I do it all the time and have been fine. What is bad for the battery is charging it before its empty. A good indicator on when you should charge the battery is when the 15% or lower battery warning comes on.

As for the original post; of course the phone doesn't work if it has run out of battery. By the definition of running out of battery would imply, there is no power left to power the phone. Unfortunately they haven't built a phone yet that is powered by your dreams :/

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones