1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Desire HD Intermittent text message sending.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Daz81, May 19, 2011.

1. Daz81

Daz81 Lurker

I have a Desire HD, its about 2 months ago, I upgraded to Gingerbread about 2 weeks ago. I am on the UK Vodafone network.

Late last week i started experiencing issues with sending Text messages, If i composed a new message and went to send it would say please wait and wouldn't send the message, regardless of how many times i tried it wouldnt send, it would save the message as a draft, i turned phone off/on and tried to resend the draft with no luck, try composing a new message makes no difference, then occasionally I would reply to a text sent to me and it would send but not if I composed a new message.

Tonight I had a text come through i tried to reply but it wouldn't send.

I then composed 2 messages to my partner with no issues, and replied to the message that came through earlier with no issues.

I am a little annoyed with this at the moment, This is my work phone and i use it 24.7 and have to email, text and call alot.

Any idea's or tips?

Thank you

Daz

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!
    VIP Member

I've heard a few issues with SMS since updating to 2.3 and it doesn't look as if there's a concrete solution yet.

As a workaround, you could try installing a 3rd Party SMS app (Go SMS, Handcent etc)? I think that has worked for others.

Daz81 likes this.
  3. Daz81

Daz81 Lurker

Ah ha, hadn't thought of that.

Thank you.

Daz

HTC Desire HD Forum

The HTC Desire HD release date was October 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1230mAh battery.

October 2010
Release Date
Reviews