• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Desire Won't Connect to my WIFI Connection

My laptop and old Nokia N81 quite happily connect to my wifi outside my house. My Desire HD needs to be within 10 feet of the wireless router to get a signal. This is sooo frustrating... that close to the router I might as well connect by USB!
To give your phone the best chance you need to check that no-one else is using the same channel nearby.. get one of those apps that tells you about other peoples' networks to check it. Also, make sure the contact between the phone and the antenna is clean.
Then, when your contract runs out, maybe buy a different make of phone like me! Very disappointed with HTC, miss my old Nokia which worked so much better! Come on HTC, you know people are complaining... do something about it! You want to sell more phones don't you?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones