• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Desperate- Samsung Galaxy Apollo

Chezborg

Lurker
May 8, 2012
Hi- not sure if this is the right place as its my first post! Anyway my Samsung Galaxy Apollo has died and I dont know what to do. All I get when switching on is the Android System Recovery Utils screen. If I select Reboot it just goes back to this screen. I can access Forced Upload screen and Download screen but thats all. Is it bricked or can I do something?? Help please- I am not a techie but think the phone was previously rooted. Really appreciate any help before I have to replace it.

Welcome, Chez. I've moved your post to the Galaxy Apollo forum, they should be able to help you out there.
If the phone was previously rooted, you have different problems. It could be a bad ROM, kernel, or missing custom recovery. By died, do you mean it won't turn on properly? Is it only able to get to this screen? Have you tried a battery pull?

Upvote 0
Does the recovery screen look like an upside down Android or is it a bunch of text with the heading of Clockwork Recovery?
Either way, you can use the volume buttons to toggle the options. Find "Factory Reset", use the power button to click it. This will wipe your phone (but not your SD Card if you have one). Restart and you should be able to have a fresh start.

Upvote 0
Recovery screen has blue text at top- Android System Recovery with 4 options- rebbot now- apply sdcard update.zip- wipe data factory reset- wipe cache partition. Underneath in yellow writing it says MANUAL MODE and Applying Multi-CSC... Installing Multi-CSC. There is a small green android behind this writing. Already done the factory reset but it just goes back to same screen.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones