• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [DEV][ROM][WIP] Blackout Esteem

BRAINZ2013

Extreme Android User
Feb 21, 2012
Park Ave., HELL
This is a work in progress [Rom][WIP] Blackout ESTEEM ms910 zve . Photos are posted. Will update post as it will be out around Friday .

Check out the dialer and few other shots
uploadfromtaptalk1379368123549.jpg

Just a little something to keep it alive and a learning process for me but thanks . About to start looking for a new device soon lg esteem is ready to be laid to rest .

I hear ya. Esteem pretty much dead, and not many of us left. Time for an upgrade, I just don't have the cheddar, so. I keep having to creat new roms to keep things interesting.

Upvote 0
PG said he's passing the torch on the CM10 project, so Im not holding my breath. But I'm impressed with the Blackout ROM so far. I've put my phone through the ringer and Blackout still kickin'. Once in a blue moon I might get a a random crash and my phone restarts, (maybe once every other week) but again its still a work in progress.

Also to help out BRAINZ, is there an email to reach you at if there are bugs/suggestions instead of posting it here so that you have a record when making the next update for the ROM?

Upvote 0
I don't want to push no one away from what they got but the esteem isn't going anywhere . And as phone builds are being made daily the esteem wont get any 4.3 unless someone pulls strings for it . So in other words anything that is updated will only come from this community . I am sorry to say folks we are on our own . Be safe and play say i watch your back as you watch mines . We can only fix things that you see and speak about we can only make a 4.0 and higher if we all work together .

Upvote 0
i would still like to know what assurion will do wen people start sending there fones in for replacements? it made no since to send me a lg connect wen my esteem messed up,because if im nt mistaken,the connect is discountiued too,there is still a bunch id like to findout,like if i would of kept the connect,does the $5 a month for insurance still stays in effect? or ill have to start over? by the wat the ota kit kat for the nexus 7 is suppose to be out,so im completely stock and nothing yet lol,makes ya made lol

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones