• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

DIRECTV: Shame on you!

BiGMERF

Extreme Android User
Dec 2, 2009
Florida
www.google.com
Used on Nexus One with froyo

Most of the reviews I write are of a positive nature but I am sorry to report that this one of the very few Bad apps on the market that I have experienced. The shameful thing about is that it has never worked proper. I have always had issues with it prior to the 2.2 update and now that I have froyo it is even worse! Here is the most pathetic thing about it. On my Ipod touch the app works flawlessly. Coming from a large company like Directv the app should work! They should not release such a shameful excuse of an app to the android community. Monthly subscribers pay alot of money for there service and if they are gonna put in there tv ads that they provide a mobile experience then guess what. It should work!

Pros.
1. Program your DVR on the go
2. Search the guide via channel or time

Cons.
1. It never worked properly
2. Doesnt work at all on froyo
3. Force closes entirely to much

If you can get this app to work then it would benefit you in many ways. Unfortunately its seems (judging by the many negatives in the market) that this app has never worked without some issues of some sort. Shame on you Directv
4642ae5ecd052a3d0d56e252a85b8c16.jpg

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones