• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root {DISCONTINUED}MegaTron 6.2.5 (Updated 7/13/13)

Is bob's kernal included in 5.3.0? In nofrills the values don't go any higher that 1024 :thinking:

I even wiped system before installing the rom through CWM zip flash

I thought the previous version of the kernel would be included but maybe since this is an update it is assumed you would already have it?

Go to settings>about phone and you can see your kernel version and build number there.

Reactions: ak47bluntz
Upvote 0
it's official something isn't quite right. Don't know if it just might be my phone, but with 5.1 version and setcpu I could go roughly 36 hours of normal phone use without charging the phone. (I have a 1910maH battery as well) after charging to 100 percent with 5.3 version, my phone went to 69 percent battery power after just 2 hours of normal use. So for now, even though 5.3 its much speedier and smaller rom, I am switching back to 5.1 until more testing is done with 5.3.

Still, I have to say you guys are doing a great job with this rom and I understand there are always hicups along the way. So in no way am I complaining about the rom, just providing my info and experiences with it.

Keep up the great work, we all appreciate all you guys do.

*** Just saw your suggestion about performing factory reset, wiping dalvik and fixing permissions. Giving that a try first before switching back to 5.1

Reactions: mavrikmeercat
Upvote 0
Sorry, one more thing I would like to add. YOU FIXED IT!!!!!!!! Has anyone else noticed it? It as in the touch screen bug these phones had. With 5.3 my touch screen is working flawlessly. I can drag icons on my desktop all day long without it dropping unless I remove my finger. Heck I can now even use swype with no problems. The battery drain issue just might have to be something I live with, cause having my touch screen finally work like it is suppose to is a much bigger deal and win in my book.

I would get frustrated trying to play angry birds, cause with the touch screen bug it would always shoot the dang bird when I didn't want it to, now I have no problems with angry birds either.

Definitely great work guys. Thank You

Upvote 0
Sorry, one more thing I would like to add. YOU FIXED IT!!!!!!!! Has anyone else noticed it? It as in the touch screen bug these phones had. With 5.3 my touch screen is working flawlessly. I can drag icons on my desktop all day long without it dropping unless I remove my finger. Heck I can now even use swype with no problems. The battery drain issue just might have to be something I live with, cause having my touch screen finally work like it is suppose to is a much bigger deal and win in my book.

I would get frustrated trying to play angry birds, cause with the touch screen bug it would always shoot the dang bird when I didn't want it to, now I have no problems with angry birds either.

Definitely great work guys. Thank You

If you installed bob's new kernel yes the touchscreen bug is now fixed. Turns out samsung was listening to us and released this kernel that fixed the issue. Android 2.3.6 will be coming soon for the Ultra as well. The battery life issue will be fixed by this saturday or at least an attempt to get battery working properly again will be made sorry for the inconvenience.

Reactions: ak47bluntz
Upvote 0
idk if its me or my phone but i think i have a problem, each time i turn on my bluetooth, the system process force closes twice and then my phone reboots. after that it reboots like every 5 mins. the only way i fixed this was reflashing the rom and not turning on the bluetooth. i did test it a second time to see if it really was the bluetooth and same happened. any suggestions?

Upvote 0
What happened to your phone?

Thats a very good question it just started shutting off and other times it would just switch to no service no matter where I was and the only way to get service back was pull the battery, I've also been having some issues with the screen not coming out of suspend while making a call.

I'm on a dart right now and it just sucks...:eek:

Upvote 0
My TU is acting up *(Hot Boot) >>> the system process force closes <<< non stop every 20-30 sec.

Boot into cwm did a factory reset wipe cache and dalvik as well as fix permissions..Reinstall the zip file and boot the phone up again = no luck (keeps doing the same thing )...

Did you boot the phone up after you fixed permissions factory reset and wiped cache/dalvik?? Or dis you just reinstall it after you did that?

Reactions: gkak
Upvote 0
Did you boot the phone up after you fixed permissions factory reset and wiped cache/dalvik?? Or dis you just reinstall it after you did that?
was getting FCs also. I was wiping cache and dalvik, fixing permissions, factory reset, but then I was reflashing the 5.3.0 zip before rebooting. was making me nuts! thought it was fixed but then it would start FCing again. thanks for clarifying

Upvote 0
I also did a wipe of dalvik cache, factory reset, and fixed permissions then flashed to 5.3.0 and i keep getting force closes. Was gonna try running a logger see if i could pick up what was closing and when. Think maybe i didnt delete a folder that isnt deleted by formating and it might have messed with it. But will let you know more when out of work when i try again.

Upvote 0
I also had no issues after did a factory reset wipe cache and dalvik as well as fix permissions..Reinstall the zip file and boot the phone up again..

Till i reinstall some apps...i agree with LOOTA, is probably titanium...

Edit: finally found my problem... my problem wasn't titanium my problem was ADW luncher ex , i reinstall the rom and reinstall apps one by one rebooting the phone everytime i reistall an app. when i got to ADW laucher, i reboot the phone and (the system process force closes) started again ...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones