• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Dismiss calendar reminders

PaulC

Sep 30, 2009
Unlike some people, calendar reminders work fine for me in that the phone lights up and makes noise when a reminder/event is due, however, unless I get to the phone within 10 seconds of the reminder the screen goes off, turning the screen back on there is nothing about the reminder so I can't dismiss it.

10 minutes later (or whatever the timing is) the reminder will go off again, and once again if I don't get to the phone before the screen goes off I can't dismiss it... this can go on for hours if I'm doing things around the house or office and don't have the phone on my person.

Is there a way to dismiss the reminder other than sliding down the "reminder lock screen"? Modifying the event to remove the reminder after it has "fired" once doesn't seem to do anything...
Very occasionally there will be a calender reminder item in my notifications and I can dismiss it from there... but that only seems to happen once a month! The rest of the time there's nothing aboutthe reminder.

Thanks

Is this using the stock HTC calendar?

If so, when my reminder goes off (Using stock HTC App) I have a calendar reminder icon in the status bar, I drag down the task pane, select the notification, and I then have a snooze or dismiss option.

Im running Vilain 10.3.2, nit that it should make any difference to the performancre of an app

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones