1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Does anyone else have a ZTE ZMax phone?

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by Everymanalion, Nov 1, 2014.

1. Everymanalion

Everymanalion Member

I just got mine today, everything is fine except the buttons at the bottom of the phone for home/back/menu etc, the light seems to be very dim on it. I just want to know if this is part of the actual phone or is mine defective? I can see the light but its not super bright when they are lit up.

Thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. android777

android777 Newbie

Got mine today. Awesome phone. Yes the navigation buttons on the bottom are dim. Not sure why though. I got it at MetroPCS.

3. 70cutty

70cutty Lurker

have anybody rooted this phone yet

4. JMBishop

JMBishop Member

I got one for my wife, she loves it, still looking for root methods, nothing yet.

5. 9000cody

9000cody Well-Known Member

People over at XDA have tried various things. Still waiting

6. 9000cody

Is this phone dead?!? I have yet to see development or forums taking about it (Let alone the fact that it doesn't have its own section)

7. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Popular Chinese phone and nobody has rooted it yet? That's surprising.

Guggy likes this.
  8. 9000cody

I know right!

9. clockcycle

clockcycle Newbie

Got mine on CL for $110. Best phone I've had so far for my uses. Stock is great, very little bloat, basic T-Mobile account apps.

10. DanDroid

DanDroid Well-Known Member

I scored one at my local Walmart for $179 + tax. Works with my T-Mobile SIM, including LTE. So far I like this device.

joe71 likes this.
  11. joe71

joe71 Android Expert

I was considering getting one to replace my LG optimus L90, while i wanted a HTC m one 8, or a. Samsung galaxy s5 or note4, i had considered the ZTE Max because of the price and the ton of good reviews it's gotten, however i am going with a nexus 6 christmas gifts,
    How is the camera?

12. DanDroid

DanDroid Well-Known Member

13. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member

Yep - look for the forum request thread in the Suggestion Box and Feedback (our home page, then scroll to bottom).

Admin looks for forum requests there.

DanDroid likes this.
  14. Phases

Phases NO LONGER ADMIN

15. dportal2006

dportal2006 Android Enthusiast

Yes the lights on the button are not super bright. Doesn't really bother me much.

16. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;)

My last two phones one of the 1st thing I've done is turn off the button back lights lol.
    Think they make a phone ugly :)

17. How do you turn off connection vibration? it's driving me nuts.! it vibrates once every time when my phone connects and disconnects...

Sent from my Z970 using XDA Free mobile app

18. PHP87

PHP87 Android Enthusiast

Been trying to buy one for a month and no one has them in stock.
    BTW, 75% of Metro stores I call don't even answer their phone and calling their 888 number is useless, even after speaking to a Supervisor.
    I called one store and they said they had it. An hour bus ride later I get there and they told me the person that said they have them in stock was mistaken. Then they tried to sell me a POS Avant.

I was so pi$$ed they threatened to call the police.

F#### Metro. I'm going to find a different carrier. These guys have their heads up their a$$es.

19. Gmash

Gmash Extreme Android User

Cricket has this one that looks similar but bigger and better camera.
    https://www.cricketwireless.com/shop/smartphones/zte-grand-x-max-plus.html

20. PHP87

PHP87 Android Enthusiast

Finally got one!
    After a month of searching, I found a store that had them in stock.
    When I get there, the sales rep tries to charge me full price.
    I told him that was incorrect and he told me "don't tell me my job" etc.
    After about 5 minutes of back and forth, I talk to the Manager, show him the Metro web site and also the FB Messenger thread I had with a MPCS rep verifying the $99 price.
    Manager sells me the Zmax for $99, $122.xx out the door.
    Love the device. Fast, fits well in my hand, pics and vids look great, etc....
    Couldn't be happier.
    On top of that, since the dick at the MPCS store gave me static, MPCS rep on FB gave me a $50 credit towards my monthly bill.
    Since I couldn't keep the $30 promo plan I've had for 3 years, I upgraded to the $50 a month unlimited data plan.
    I get about 35 MBPS on Data and on one server on Broadband, I got over 100 MBPS!
    There are some things about 4.4.4 that I don't like, but overall I'm very happy with this device, especially the cost.
    I have a phone case on order and it should arrive on Monday.
    Now all we need is Root!