• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Does anyone know if the moto g LTE will be able to be rooted or have CyanogenMod?

Hello together!

I follow this thread for about 2 weeks and since yesterday the Moto G LTE 8GB is also available in Germany (XT1039) and I hope that your image will work on my device, too.

I'm not familiar with CWM etc. but is it correct that you've tried to port the CWM recovery image for the new Moto G and now this thread is "no longer valid" because there is this new thread with a working CWM recovery image?

Upvote 0
I just bought this device from Cricket about a month ago. It's Moto G (XT1045). I went to the Motorola site to unlock the bootloader and was denied. Apparently Cricket has not allowed the bootloader to be unlocked or some backdoor deal was made between Cricket and Motorola. Either way, I'm stuck, no unlocked bootloader, no root. Would anyone happen to know of a way around this? Right now I just want root for Adblock, Links2SD and a few other things. I'm ready to throw this thing out, my second Cricket phone in a row without being able to root. Please help.

Upvote 0
I just bought this device from Cricket about a month ago. It's Moto G (XT1045). I went to the Motorola site to unlock the bootloader and was denied. Apparently Cricket has not allowed the bootloader to be unlocked or some backdoor deal was made between Cricket and Motorola. Either way, I'm stuck, no unlocked bootloader, no root. Would anyone happen to know of a way around this? Right now I just want root for Adblock, Links2SD and a few other things. I'm ready to throw this thing out, my second Cricket phone in a row without being able to root. Please help.
check sunshine, idk what version it supports etc but you bought an att phone, its gunna have a locked bootloader.

Upvote 0
I just bought this device from Cricket about a month ago. It's Moto G (XT1045). I went to the Motorola site to unloIck the bootloader and was denied. Apparently Cricket has not allowed the bootloader to be unlocked or some backdoor deal was made between Cricket and Motorola. Either way, I'm stuck, no unlocked bootloader, no root. Would anyone happen to know of a way around this? Right now I just want root for Adblock, Links2SD and a few other things. I'm ready to throw this thing out, my second Cricket phone in a row without being able to root. Please help.

The last I tried (which was before I realized I have the retail version of the xt1045.... I'm a bit special apparently), sunshine would not work, this was a month ago. It shows on their website that the moto g 2013 is supported. It didn't mention anything about the LTE variant. If sunshine doesn't work than you're SOL until there is a 4.4.4 exploit that works after your kernel build date. I hope this information helps.
Also you're only missing out on 5.1

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-04-09-16-35-54.png
    Screenshot_2015-04-09-16-35-54.png
    71 KB · Views: 99
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones