• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Does Samsung Ace have gorilla glass?

i think there might be different versions of the phone. check samsung site. there are l,s etc versions of the phone if i remember correctly. I highly doubt that indian version has gorilla glass. Will try to contact igyaan digit etc. for it. I don't think samsung will advertise ace fo its voice input and not mention about gorilla glass even on the box. No reply to my mail. Highly doubtful.

Upvote 0
SAMSUNG GALAXY ACE HAS GORRILLA GLASS PLEASE REFER TO :Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 - Full phone specifications
i have had this phone for 3 months and i am a heavy user i also dropped it a few times and i can tell u that there are no scratches or scuffs anywhere!! never used a screen protector!
:):)very happy with the quality of this phone:):)

dude gsmarena is not an official samsung website.
Go to samsung site. It isn't mentioned there. Also not on the box.

Upvote 0
Hi everyone involved in this thread. Has anybody actually managed to "speak" to anybody at Samsung or Corning to confirm one way or the other?? It seems there is plenty of speculation saying yes or no, but no definitive answer! There is no mention of it on any official Samsung literature, but it is clearly mentioned on the Corning website. I went to The Gadget Show at Birmingham NEC earlier in the year & the reps on the Samsung trade stand told me yes it has gorilla glass for sure. So why the big mystery? GrahamF. London :thinking::thinking:

Upvote 0

in this video he is not touching in the phone with knife or keys. The screen will break if you hit the screen with any hard materials. Anybody tried this?
Samsung Galaxy Ace does not have Gorilla Glass.

SAMSUNG GALAXY ACE HAS GORRILLA GLASS PLEASE REFER TO :Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 - Full phone specifications

Specification given in samsung website is not mentioning anything about gorilla glass.

If it has gorilla glass ten you need not use a screen guard. Bu I had seen many people using screen guard (plastic sheet) to protect the screen.

Upvote 0
Hi friends,
I am using Samsung Galaxy Ace with Android 2.3.4... In that mobile I have a problem when i am giving voice input in Messages typing mode option it shows, "Connection Error". The error occur only in message voice input only. Other voice services like internet, google search are working well. How to solve message voice input error in Android 2.3.4.. please help me.. Thanks in advance..

Upvote 0
Hi friends,
I am using Samsung Galaxy Ace with Android 2.3.4... In that mobile I have a problem when i am giving voice input in Messages typing mode option it shows, "Connection Error". The error occur only in message voice input only. Other voice services like internet, google search are working well. How to solve message voice input error in Android 2.3.4.. please help me.. Thanks in advance..

all your posts are the same message stop spamming please

Upvote 0
trust on gsmarena

Nokia: 702T, Astound (T-Mobile US), C6, C7, E6, E7, Lumia 710, Lumia 800, N8, N9, Oro, T7-00, X6, X7

Samsung: Behold II, Captivate, Continuum, Corby S3650, Corby W900, Epic 4G, Fascinate, Flight II, Focus, Galaxy A, Galaxy Ace, Galaxy S, GALAXY S II, Galaxy S 4G, Galaxy Tab, Galaxy Tab 10.1, Lindy, Mesmerize, Monte, Monte Preston, Omnia HD, S8500 WAVE, Showcase, Trance, Transform, Ultra TOUCH S8300, Vibrant, Wave II

SK Telesys: Rain Phone (SK-800), Reaction Phone (SK-S100), W Phone (SK-700)

Sonim: Sonim XP2.10 SPIRIT, Sonim XP3.20 Quest, Sonim XP3 SENTINEL, Sonim XP1300 CORE, Sonim XP1301 CORE NFC, Sonim XP1330 CORE PTT, Sonim XP3300 FORCE, Sonim XP3300 FORCE Z1, Sonim XP3340 SENTINEL

Sony: BRAVIA models KDL

Upvote 0
Being a Galaxy Ace newbie, I tried to use my old nokia pointer to the screen, would not accept it, so can only use fingers - takes me ages to type a text message as I keep 'finding' the wrong key
Yeah :D Old Nokias used to have resistive screens, Ace has capacitive. Anyway, there are pointers for capacitive screens also :)

Reactions: elbmek
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Being a Galaxy Ace newbie, I tried to use my old nokia pointer to the screen, would not accept it, so can only use fingers - takes me ages to type a text message as I keep 'finding' the wrong key

The SWYPE function on the Ace keyboard means that you can slide your finger across the keyboard without lifting it for each word. When you slide across a blue line follows you and the word appears when you lift your finger. The swype function has built-in predictive ability so it doesn't matter if you get a letter wrong. It is easy enough to learn and it makes typing very quick and easy.

Reactions: elbmek
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones