• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Does this phone have a locked Bootloader?

swc2001

Android Expert
Aug 28, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
Does this phone have a locked Bootloader?

Also is this a hack friendly phone with powerful Kernals and Roms and Recovery systems.

How hard is it to root this phone? scale 1 to 10

I have the Lg Ally but is time to upgrade. Just trying to decide which phone to go to. Thanks for all of your help guys :D

Does this phone have a locked Bootloader?

Nope

Also is this a hack friendly phone with powerful Kernals and Roms and Recovery systems.

ROMs are kind of lacking at the moment. We are still waiting on an official GB release and as a result you can developers are waiting for the official release to drop before putting in a lot of time... IMO

How hard is it to root this phone? scale 1 to 10

Very easy...

I have the Lg Ally but is time to upgrade. Just trying to decide which phone to go to. Thanks for all of your help guys :D

Phone isn't perfect but the screen is amazing. Some people have data dropping issues, some have issues with the earpiece letting of a screeching sound at random during calls. Other than those two issues I love this phone but all things being equal the Galaxy Nexus and Droid Razr both look AWESOME and would be my first choice.

Responses above in bold. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones