• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Don't know if this matters, but... (Regarding Morningcall)

Not sure but it looks like i have disabled the WALLPAPER SEQUENCE. All the vericationd are no longer in my last kmsg. And my phone still works wheeeew it seems to work for one boot only then reverts back to activating the security checks. Init.lge.early.rc put # in front of the exec wallpaper and the wait lines.

Did they get removed on reboot?

Upvote 0
Right but i think the kernel doesnt do security checks and disables things like INSTALL_RECOVERY upon the next boot.. This phone has many capabilties that scripts tell the kernel to disable. I may try to make a dummy install_recovery.sh the kernel may see it and therefore NOT disable that function. A little gunshy as i bricked my other motion( i think i wrote into the bootloader partition) being homeless and joblless at the moment my phones are my only entertainment.

Upvote 0
From what i can tell is the kernel is in a semi state of loading before the checks. But what does the check may not be important if it has been disabled.

If you can do one boot without security checks working, then I'm sure we can easily flash a real recovery during that one boot, erase /system and /data and /boot and flash a real ROM :D

Reactions: Ubercharrge
Upvote 0
That is a paradox. 2nd it needs to get to home screen first. So if system is erased there's no way to boot to cwm

But you can copy and paste or "extract dir package" :) with an install script. What if that script was in the modified wallpaper.bin and would only run if it was first boot aka..factory reset. It could then extract said package from external sd and end the script with a reboot.

Upvote 0
The install script will run on every boot.

Worth mentioning:

When u copy over the framework res apk the phone freezes and then it reboots and it skips the lg logo sequence and starts at the animation.

Install script only runs on first boot to install rom from sd card. Just like on first boot there are certain apps that install on stock rom and the script to install those apps is in the rom. Im saying ee make an install script that runs on firstboot to install a new rom from the sd card and then reboot....so phone is factory reset. It then boots normal and then freezes as the new system is mounted, deleted and pasted over then the phone reboot with a new rom. Cwm is then bypassed and only needed to flash other things and backup/restore etc etc..

Upvote 0
Install script only runs on first boot to install rom from sd card. Just like on first boot there are certain apps that install on stock rom and the script to install those apps is in the rom. Im saying ee make an install script that runs on firstboot to install a new rom from the sd card and then reboot....so phone is factory reset. It then boots normal and then freezes as the new system is mounted, deleted and pasted over then the phone reboot with a new rom. Cwm is then bypassed and only needed to flash other things and backup/restore etc etc..

Ok cool. We're can I download this install script?

Upvote 0
Ok the log used to say ( install-recovery.sh not found install recovery disabled) i made an empty file install-recovery.sh the log now is different. Not exceved permission denied. Something like that.i didnt do anything to the pernissions of the empty file. EDIT the permissions seem to be the same as other scrips there. I assume if that was a proper script install recovery would not be disabled. I believe the same to be true for Treadahead Wiperinterface and dm routing ,whatever those are.

Upvote 0
Ok the log used to say ( install-recovery.sh not found install recovery disabled) i made an empty file install-recovery.sh the log now is different. Not exceved permission denied. Something like that.i didnt do anything to the pernissions of the empty file. EDIT the permissions seem to be the same as other scrips there. I assume if that was a proper script install recovery would not be disabled. I believe the same to be true for Treadahead Wiperinterface and dm routing ,whatever those are.
most likely you would be able to flash a recovery using this method but it wouldn't boot because the bootloader wouldn't let it. Not sure what the other things are but dm routing is diag mode for the modem, that's how we connect to qpst.
For LG phones diag mode is enabled by turning on adb, dm routing is an app HTC phones have that enables it. I'm guessing this is a leftover from when HTC was the only company making android hardware.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones