• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help downloaded document help on the optimus

droidbee

May 3, 2011
I can't figure out where my download files go. I know the photos go into my gallery, but where does the rest go? I have a somewhat important form that I downloaded but when I got to the office basics program, I can see ALL my documents but can't open several of them.
how do I find them otherwise, can I even?

Id also like to be able to delete the documents I saw that I don't even need anymore, or downloaded by accident. I can only see them if I access them from the office basics program, but I can't figure out how to delete from there either.

They should be stored on your sd card on a folder named "downloads".
Different apps save downloaded files in different folders, incl., but not limited to:

• $SDCARD/downloads/
  • $SDCARD/download/
  • $SDCARD/WHATEVER_THE_NAME_OF_THE_APP_IS/
  • $SDCARD/
"$SDCARD" refers to the root of your SD card, which at least on Froyo appears to be /mnt/sdcard (not 100% sure about other Android versions).

And, yes, getting a file manager is needed for the task at hand. There are many to choose from. For core tasks such as managing my file system, I prefer non-commercial open-source software, which is virtually guaranteed to always remain free or charge, free of ads, free of bloat, and free of hidden agendas. https://market.android.com/details?id=org.openintents.filemanager is a very fine choice.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones