• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Thanks for the responses. Does this mean R2 will NOT be getting any sort of update?

No. It just means this particular update was designed the the original D2 in mind. My guess is that each of the D2's will follow its own line of software evolution. With the D2 Global cominb out I don't see Motorola being in a hurry to update away.

Upvote 0
Just got the OTA and im rooted....what do i do? unroot and install or install without unrooting?

EDIT: Seems i have to unroot first.
No, I don't think so. What makes you say it seems you have to? Did it fail?

Thanks for the responses. Does this mean R2 will NOT be getting any sort of update?
This is unknown since Verizon hasn't said anything about it being updated.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I've had the update since day one and can say after having it for a while, the battery life is indeed better.

Yea ive been using my droid since 6 this morning and im still on 80%.

lol and i did a little asphalt 5 hd, reckless racing, angry birds, facebook/texting, surfed the web for like 20 minutes waiting in the dentist. this is the type of battery life ive been wanting since i entered into the smart phone world. the BB-Storm, Eris, and droid1 never satisfied me the way this droid2 has. :)S:)A:)T:)I:)S:)F:)I:)E:)D:)

Upvote 0
I noticed I bought a back up battery from ebay and when I use it it has a ? on the battery icon and will not charge says please install a Motorola battery did this since the update worked fine before the update.

Would any of the gold things, that touch the battery in the back your phone, happen to be bent or broken? Did the battery ever get wet even just a little? Did your phone ever get wet?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones