• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Droid Bionic Battery Dies Super Fast -- PLEASE HELP! (USB Wakelock?

alolson4

Lurker
Feb 9, 2013
my phone has been dying much faster than normal (used to be able to go until night before I needed to charge with moderate use) I now need to charge in the early afternoon, as the battery usually drops below 20% by noon. I have tried everything I can on these forums, battery callibration, cache clear, no background apps. I installed BetterBatteryStats but can't upload screenshots here yet, but the one kernel wakelock that is on the most is "usb" at 92% and "suspend_backoff" at 37%. also shows the CPU at 300mhz 61.7% and 1.2 ghz 30%.

(newbie, non-rooted)

Please help with any advice!!!

Probably the battery itself. This device is now almost 1.5 years old - the battery has been taking a pounding in that time.

If you can still find it buy a replacement battery - the extended battery was $24.95 at VZW, so I would imagine that the stock battery should be less if you are not in favor of using an extended battery.

Also, if you did not perform a Factory reset after the ICS update, that would be a very good idea to do. You'll have to set up all your accounts and whatnot, and you'll want ot make sure you backup your internal storage as well just to be safe....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones