• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Droid Bionic wont turn on

Ok up until Saturday I was having BSODs maybe twice a day. I switched to performance mode and no help. I have been using the standard battery since I got the Bionic on Day 1. Two days ago I unchecked "In Pocket Detection" in the Display Settings menu. Knock on wood but I have not had a BSOD since un checking In Pocket Detection. Now that I think about it my BSODs did not start until I checked the box for it.

Maybe that is what is causing it. Hopefully I stay BSOD less.

Upvote 0
I want to know if anyone else had the application "Social Location" running on there phone. I experienced this black screen 3 times in one day, had the motoblur tracking information pulled for it and discovered this application to seem to have some relation:

com.aloqa.me.client_module.android_sl_vzw

I dug around trying to identify what this was, what I came to find is that this is a Verizon modification of the application:

com.aloqa.me.client_module.android

I found that this is the program "Social Location" looks identical to Aloqa only difference I can see is that Verizon stripped the Aloqa logo from it. So I wonder while stripping that logo if they accidentally broke the program. Could very well be that it's a bug from an older version of Aloqa too, some old comments on Aloqa about that application freezing phones so seems like a logical fit.

Upvote 0
Sounds like you may not actually be able to disable Social Location without rooting or doing a factory reset. I, and others, have had an issue with the battery usage going through the roof due to Social Location, and when I checked out the app on Google I got some good links.

Sorry!

The application Social Location (process com.aloqa.me.client_modules.android_sl_vzw) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.
That's what led me to you. Anyway, please share any information that you might find.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-3/162245-social-location-app-draining-battery-2.html

Upvote 0
Sounds like you may not actually be able to disable Social Location without rooting or doing a factory reset. I, and others, have had an issue with the battery usage going through the roof due to Social Location, and when I checked out the app on Google I got some good links.

That's what led me to you. Anyway, please share any information that you might find.

Links removed in favor of members sharing info here rather than requiring fellow members to go to another forum for that info. ;)

Upvote 0
had my bionic since mid nov, no porblems dropped it last week, got a replacement from the assurion insurance, swapped over sim chip, sd card and battery, phone ran for 5 mins got hot shut down to black screen, only a white light at the led notification, verzion sent me a new one swaped over sd sim and batt to have the exact same black screen w white led WTF is going on anyone run into this before??

Upvote 0
Miked79, welcome to AndroidForums.

I believe that the white LED shows when the battery level is too low to run the phone. I suspect that the battery is bad, since it seems to happen with each handset that you try. I'd see if you can get a replacement to verify that rather than a new handset. (You may also want to try a new charging cable and perhaps wall charger.)

Black screen, white LED - that sounds like your problem to me.

Upvote 0
thanks Thom, tried the new components that came with the phone from assurion and still same results... :thinking:

It sure acts like a bad battery. Can you get a known Good battery that is charged?

You could pull the SD-EXT card and poser on with it removed (I just tried it for you on my Bionic). That would eliminate that variable.

... Thom

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones