• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Droid, droid2, or htc incredible?

Short answer: Droid 2 and Incredible are pretty close to equal...

The Droid 2 and Incredible are apples to apples... 1GHz OMAP in the Droid 2 and 1GHz Snapdragon in the Incredible... the Droid also runs an older OMAP at like 550MHz ... from reading reviews and spec sheets the general consensus is the OMAP seems to be more reliable and a better performer... as for actual performance the Droid 2 Benchmarks the highest of the three... That was one reason I went for the Droid 2...

Hope this helps!

Upvote 0
Short answer: Droid 2 and Incredible are pretty close to equal...

The Droid 2 and Incredible are apples to apples... 1GHz OMAP in the Droid 2 and 1GHz Snapdragon in the Incredible... the Droid also runs an older OMAP at like 550MHz ... from reading reviews and spec sheets the general consensus is the OMAP seems to be more reliable and a better performer... as for actual performance the Droid 2 Benchmarks the highest of the three... That was one reason I went for the Droid 2...

Hope this helps!

Thanks for the info! I've researched cnet and other places and and most agree the snapdragon is fast. I want the fastest since I mostly use it to tether my laptop. I am not happy with the ringer volume on mine as I have trouble hearing it sometimes and only have 2 more days left to bring it back. The battery life stinks but the majority of reviews on most smartphones are not happy with the battery life. That's not an issue with me.

So that narrows it down to the Droid1, and 2. I had an HTC Evo that I loved but Sprint won't work for me. I wonder if the Droid1 is similar to it? They look similar with the 4.3 screen. Also I've heard a lot of good stuff about the Samsung Facinate, but never owned a Samsung phone.

Thanks again for your help, I'll be checking out the 2.2. I can buy one for $39.95 so that helps make a decision! Lol ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones