• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Droid X 2.2 Overclock (Kernel Module w/Instructions)

2.2 OTA here. Only getting a stable 1.1Ghz. I've tried 1.2,1.3, and 1.4. Differing voltages of each. I was able to run 1.2 for a while, but after a while it bombed. Not asking for help, just reporting results. I'll keep messing with it more. I was getting 1600-1680 Q score with 1.2 before it died (tried to save a game after playing a PSX game).

As a side note, saw a huge boost in performance of emulation and video playback. Still cant play a full 720P mkv file in rockplayer (even at 1.2), but it stutters much less. Also certain emulated games are performing at near full speeds when they didnt before (psx4droid).

Upvote 0
Yeah Fab, I think you may have found the variable. Seems people on the OTA can OC farther.

Im still using the leak and I have had my as high as 1.5ghz. So I dont think thats it.

I did the OTA and can't go above 1.15. My limit was the same on 2.1. Might just be by device. What are the manufacturing dates for the devices that can clock 1.3+? Are they newer? Mine is a launch day DX.

My manufacture date is 36/10

Upvote 0
I did the OTA and can't go above 1.15. My limit was the same on 2.1. Might just be by device. What are the manufacturing dates for the devices that can clock 1.3+? Are they newer? Mine is a launch day DX.

Good questions maybe some of the newer ones have the declocked processor supposedly in the SE edition at 1.2

Likewise I still wonder if temp load might have an affect. Do any of the high clockers have covers, or extended batteries?

but yeah I bet build date will show a difference.

Upvote 0
Good questions maybe some of the newer ones have the declocked processor supposedly in the SE edition at 1.2

Likewise I still wonder if temp load might have an affect. Do any of the high clockers have covers, or extended batteries?

I use a Body Glove rubberized case and the temps have been the same as they usually are.

Upvote 0
2.2 ota here, running rubix 1.0 rom.

I can run 1.195 stable as of now using these setting (compliments of beesley)

echo 64 > /proc/overclock/max_vsel
echo 1195000 > /proc/overclock/max_rate
echo 1 400000000 27 > /proc/overclock/mpu_opps
echo 2 700000000 38 > /proc/overclock/mpu_opps
echo 3 900000000 50 > /proc/overclock/mpu_opps
echo 4 1195000000 64 > /proc/overclock/mpu_opps
echo 0 1195000 > /proc/overclock/freq_table
echo 1 900000 > /proc/overclock/freq_table
echo 2 700000 > /proc/overclock/freq_table
echo 3 400000 > /proc/overclock/freq_table

my latest quadrant is 1586 and linpack 16.71

Upvote 0

My X was built for the original Droid X release date, can't overclock past 1.1Ghz, turtle at 1.2 even at 68 vsel. Interestingly, the phone will never crash, just turtle... Too bad, would have been happy with 1.2, 1.1 just leaves me longing for more lol.

Upvote 0
weird. Such inconsistency with the OMAP chips
We should try to figure out who can run what and what other variables could affect inability to run above a certain limit.

-Who is on the leak and can't go past 1.15
-Who is on the OTA and can't go past 1.15

Is the .sbf leak or OTA?

Well used a combination of a couple of peoples settings and am stable @1400 w/ Linpack 18.69 and Quadrant @1807. Looking good.

Nice!! What did you end up with for settings?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones