• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help DroidX Replacement Phone Issues

Builder7638

Lurker
Apr 27, 2011
I had my Droidx replaced at Verizon for speaker issues, I was Fedex'ed and replacement reconditioned phone. I am now on my 5th replacement and all have had separate issues.

Most of the replacement phones have had screen issues where the touch screen would not recognize the touches and the phone would need restarted. Another would randomly shut down and restart and another would not work when I got it out of the box.

Verizon has said they can only send a reconditioned phone and will continue to do so.

Has anyone had similar issues?

I do like the X and would hate to move away but Verizon and Motorola have issues with their warranty and replacement phones.

I am on my fourth Droid X. The first 2 would randomly and successively reboot. The third just died and wouldnot turn on. The current phone has been ok for a few weeks but now will not take a charge so it looks like I am going to be on the fifth next week. I recived the first one at the end of November 2010. That works out to a replacement phone about once every month. A lot of hassle for what appears to be a woefully defective phone. I wish there was a remedy but based on current laws and Verizon's contract they can continue sending defective replacements and there is nothing we can do. In California there are consumer warranty laws for many things as well as a lemon law for cars but at present the cell phone companies have you by the throat until your contract expires or you cancel early and pay the exorbitant early cancellation feesand even if you do and buy a new phone have the process start all over again. Legislation to address this is long overdue but based on the state of our elected bodies and the money paid to the them by the company lobbyists we are at their mercy and now it looks like the government may approve a merger between ATT and T-Mobile which will affectively create a market duopathy with less competition and less motivation for customer satisfaction. Just an unbeleivably sorry state of affairs.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones