• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Drones delivering your packages

AZgl1500

Extreme Android User
Feb 3, 2011
Oklahoma grasslands
We have been hearing for a long time about Drones being used to make that "last mile" connection from the loading dock to the home, and drop off your package.

http://www.nbcnews.com/tech/innovation/drone-delivers-package-residential-area-first-time-n545901

I personally have a lot of negative feelings about this. Especially in dense metro areas.

Okay, say I just ordered up the wife's insulin and a drone drops it off on my front door step.
Now along comes some kids " oh look! let's see what that is" and off that package goes.

no security, nothing, just an attractive nuisance and a lot of theft potential.

I see it as bad business.... at least when my rural delivery folks come by, they hide my packages behind the screen door.

out of sight, out of mind...

Reactions: mikedt
Here is what I think would be another problem:
43554104.jpg

Upvote 0
yeah,

there is an article in this mornings local Tulsa, OK newspaper about a guy who was pissed that a neighbor kid was flying a drone with a camera over his home.... he has a 16 year old daughter who likes to lounge in their home swimming pool.

He got a shotgun and destroyed the damn thing.... the owner sued him in court, and the Judge said "invasion of privacy" and threw the case out of court.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones