• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Dual SIM Group Text Issues

Ian Warwolf

Dec 21, 2015
Phone: BLU Studio Energy 2
Carrier: AT&T
Rooted: Probably not

Problem: In group texts, I am not able to see the senders of various messages. I am using the pre-installed messaging app. I have tried installing other messaging apps (eg, Textra, MightyText), and I had the same problem. When I long-click an individual message, I can see the number from which the message was sent, but not the name stored for that number in my Contacts.

Last edited:
Alright, so I'm now using ChompSMS, which solved my initial problem after reconfiguring some dual-SIM settings.

Now, though, after sending a group text, I'm getting an MMS message to my data-line SIM from "Hidden sender address" saying, "Service denied". This message is being sent to me every 2 minutes.

The recipients of the group/MMS text received the message from me just fine...

Upvote 0
Well, the previous issue - somehow - has resolved.

NOW, I am apparently not able to receive photos via text MMS. I get the same error message when someone tries to send one to me: "Can't Download MMS: check your APN settings and then tap to retry".

I have adjusted my APN three different ways from various sites - the problem persists with each calibration (as does, thankfully, the other functionality of the phone service).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones