• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Dumb nandroid question

thecarlsoncrew

Sep 29, 2010
In the past, I've always used a bootstrapper app to boot directly into recovery mode in order to create a nandroid backup. Now that I'm on JB, the Razr Bootstrapper actually killed my phone, so that's no longer an option. I've tried booting into recovery mode in various ways (with TitaniumBackup, ROM Toolbox, ROM Manager, and manually) and can get into the "Android system recovery <3e>" menu with all of them...but there's no option for creating a nandroid backup in there. On ROM Manager it appears there's no supported CWM Recovery for the Razr yet, but it tells me that TWRP is installed and is trying to use that recovery instead (it doesn't work).

After I initiate the reboot sequence on TiBu and ROM Toolbox there's a brief error that Superuser has stopped before the screen goes dark, so I suspect that's related, but it was always there before when I used the bootstrapper apps (they worked anyway).

The point is...how does one reboot into a recovery that gives me an option to create a nandroid backup? I should probably be able to figure this one out, but am having a mental block.

Thanks in advance!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones