• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Easy Way of getting indonesian phone to uk

ian_k

Lurker
Feb 17, 2011
Hi

Im new to the forum, but have joined here mainly because iv an issue i need resolving....so hi.

Basically i've recently purchased my 1st android based phone, desire hd, bought it off ebay as this seemed a good deal.
however it turned up and the phone seems regionalised for indonsesia.
Also its running a bit slow

so im wanting to get UK english regionalisation put on it, from what i've seen on google iv seen HTC Desire HD 2.2 RUU.......... .exe downloads......is this what i need?
if so whats the easiest and simplest method to putting this on?
i dont need any of the features from rooting, basically want a stock phone that has UK english on without having to really go down the rooting way and void warranty etc to get the latest official firmware at the time on

Cheers

ian

Hi there,

you can find the officials roms here, look for the WWE (World Wide English) ones.
I would advise you to take a rom with the same radio your phone has now. You can check your radio version here : menu=>settings=>about phone=>software information=>Basebanks version.

These RUUs are really easy to install just connect your phone to your computer (put it on charge only) and then lauch the RUU on your computer. If your phone already has the android version 2.2.1, then you're a little bit screwed though because you can't downgrade with these roms...

If you have more questions about all this I would advise you to check out the xda forum, because they're really specialized in this stuff!

cheers

Upvote 0
Is it not possible to do a factory reset and change the region setting at set-up?
In fact on my phone there's a set-up app, which begins by offering a selection of languages.

I live in Indonesia and bought my phone here. It was actually imported from Singapore.
I'm now using the Revolution ROM because I got bored of waiting for a stock update.

Upvote 0
It does give you a selection of languages, but not all of them... For example you won't find English UK. If you go for a WWE rom you will have a wide range of languages that you can chose from.

Flashing an other rom (even if it's an official one) can still void your warranty though!! There is always a chance (very little, but still) that something goes wrong...
El Presidente made a good point about the sale...

Cheers

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones