• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Electronic Cigarettes

I actually run an ecig shop online, vaperdepot.com

I have been vaping for 8 months now, it is really great, I enjoy it, and I also enjoy the positive health benefits from NOT SMOKING, and also not smelling like smoke all the time.I used to smoke a pack a day, for ten years, I vape maybe 3-5ML's a day at 18-24mg nic.

I use a provari currently for the most part, 510 and 306 LR atomizers, and I drip for the most part. If on a long trip or something I will use a MAP Tank though, they are freaking awesome.

I use juice from a lot of places, i built or helped build a lot of ecig sites so i get lots of juice for free.

Juice Vendors I like

alien visions (yeah boba's and gorilla juice is bangin)
backwoodsbrew (casablanca is crazy good)
sweet-vapes lots of good desert flavors
and I also vape a lot of juice from cloudsofvapor too, Bruce is a good friend of mine.

ETA: Nicotine can only be derived from tobacco. You can't synthetically create nicotine. but it is extracted from tobacco in a way that makes it pure. This solution is used to strength tobacco cigarettes, make nicotine patches, etc. same stuff they use in ecig juice, medical grade nicotine.

Reactions: Frisco
Upvote 0
I actually run an ecig shop online, vaperdepot.com

I have been vaping for 8 months now, it is really great, I enjoy it, and I also enjoy the positive health benefits from NOT SMOKING, and also not smelling like smoke all the time.I used to smoke a pack a day, for ten years, I vape maybe 3-5ML's a day at 18-24mg nic.

I use a provari currently for the most part, 510 and 306 LR atomizers, and I drip for the most part. If on a long trip or something I will use a MAP Tank though, they are freaking awesome.

I use juice from a lot of places, i built or helped build a lot of ecig sites so i get lots of juice for free.

Juice Vendors I like

alien visions (yeah boba's and gorilla juice is bangin)
backwoodsbrew (casablanca is crazy good)
sweet-vapes lots of good desert flavors
and I also vape a lot of juice from cloudsofvapor too, Bruce is a good friend of mine.

ETA: Nicotine can only be derived from tobacco. You can't synthetically create nicotine. but it is extracted from tobacco in a way that makes it pure. This solution is used to strength tobacco cigarettes, make nicotine patches, etc. same stuff they use in ecig juice, medical grade nicotine.

Provari? NICE!

As far as juice goes, I just started making my own. Through some trial and error, I've made some Watermelon Jolly Rancher flavor that is on the verge of being too sweet and a pretty mild fruit punch that is just about perfect. Of course I still get some Dekang tobacco flavors every now and then too, but I usually mix that to give it more of a sweet taste. I just dropped down to 18 mg from 24 earlier this week, I find myself vaping a lot more now. lol

I wasn't really thinking about the nicotine, that is a valid point. My first reaction when I read liquefied tobacco was an image of someone vaping dip spit and that just made my stomach do a flip.

Upvote 0
yeah doing the websites i got to meet and befriend a lot of people in the industry. i go to almost all the vapefest's too.

there are a lot of methods people use to create juice, Todd at vaperite.com actually macerates raw ingredients and extracts the flavors himself to create his organic line, craziness.

im the same username on ECF and VapersForum both :)

ps. good to see you OTD ;)

Upvote 0
yeah doing the websites i got to meet and befriend a lot of people in the industry. i go to almost all the vapefest's too.

there are a lot of methods people use to create juice, Todd at vaperite.com actually macerates raw ingredients and extracts the flavors himself to create his organic line, craziness.

im the same username on ECF and VapersForum both :)

ps. good to see you OTD ;)

I'm just using the basics and flavoring from Flavor Art and another that starts with an L (can't remember off the top of my head and too lazy to look it up right now).

I'm not actually a member at ECF. My brother-in-law is and turned me on to vaping in general about a year ago when I was still in Georgia. I've read a bunch over there, but I'm a one forum at a time girl.;)

Good to see you too Caddy. Hope to see you more in the Galaxy Nexus forum.

Upvote 0
I actually have a nice quality ecig sitting around here somewhere that I bought during the holiday season 2010. I even stopped using that for a while and quit everything completely. Now unfortunately I'm back on regular cigarettes but already feeling miserable and wanting to stop again.

The products at malls and gas stations are pretty worthless, unless you get one of the $9.99 ones just to see how it all works.

In my opinion, I never really felt that it worked well in terms of actual nicotine delivery. Even if you order custom juices with a high nic level, you just never really get the same feeling as smoking an actual cigarette. I'm not talking about the physical aspect of it, of course there's differences in the way it feels in your hand and the way you inhale etc, I'm speaking in terms of the way your body reacts to it, I just can't say it ever felt like "ahh that was a soothing hit of vapor". It does work well simply for breaking the other aspects of the smoking habit, you know how people say a big part of it is really just the fixation and the habit of having something in your hand or in your mouth (I've been trying to avoid making double entendres this entire paragraph but I give up).

I had an $80 kit with what they call a "fat battery" device where it no longer mimics the size and shape of an actual cigarette, it's more like the size of a small marker, and the battery lasts longer and delivered a higher voltage, thus heating the atomizer better and creating more vapor. Compared to the gas station products that will have you exhaling little trails of vapor, you'll be exhaling clouds when you get a higher voltage device.

Don't get me wrong it worked well enough for a period of a few months to not touch a single cigarette. If you live in an area where there are colder seasons outdoors, it's awesome to be able to sit inside and use the device instead of going out in the cold for a smoke. I just don't know for those that have a serious, real nicotine addiction if it'll be satisfying enough to help you stop. But there are plenty of people who are much heavier smokers than me who switch to ecigs and manage to stick with it, so obviously it works to varying degrees.

Many people start out with the gimmicky products where it is shaped like a real cigarette, has a little glowing light on the end, and has a battery charging dock that looks like a real cigarette box that you put the battery in. Generally people quickly tire of having to keep charging these smaller batteries, they get over the novelty of having a little glowing LED on the end, and they upgrade to one of the big battery devices. So if you want to save yourself some time and money, I'd suggest just getting one of the higher end products right away. The picture Frisco posted shows one of the popular designs of the bigger battery devices that I am talking about.

Upvote 0
everytime I visit this thread i become interested in vaping...

I never was a heavy smoker myself, so I quit smoking really easily.
But like most smokers with out cigarettes, the next thing I stick in my mouth is food , coffee or alcohol.
If these can be a good alternative to keep my ands off chocolate etc, then it would be worth seriously looking into.

Upvote 0
I smoked for 30 years and I have to be honest I have enjoyed not smoking a lot more than I ever thought. When it became time for me to quit I really didn't want to because I still enjoyed smoking. I didnt enjoy the smokers cough or the not being able to breath for the first thirty minutes when I woke up but I still enjoyed a good cig after meals. I don't know if these alternatives were available a few years ago or not however I quit and my wife had bought me the Lozenge's I had one. It was the most horrible thing I have ever put in my mouth I could not stand it. I spit it out went to the store and bought some butterscotch and cinnamon disk. I put those in my shirt pocket and every time I craved a cigarette I had one of those. That lasted for about two weeks then I just quit eating the candy. I have not had a cigarette since. March 23 2012 will be 3 years. That however has absolutely nothing to do with vaping however thought I would share :D

Upvote 0
Well I am taking the plunge. I just ordered the Kgo kit and extras to start off.

I smoke Marlboro mild/menthols, so any juice tips will help me with that quest.

Congrats! As far as juice goes, I'd look at the Dekang 18mg or the Dekang E-Liquids in menthol flavor. I'd also suggest getting a couple of non-tobacco flavors to try out as well from his house blends. Candy watermelon is really good if you like watermelon jolly ranchers (it is what I based my own juice after). He also has a wide selection of flavors like red bull, monster energy drink, Mt. Dew, Hawaiian punch, candy cane, apple pie, coffee, cappuccino, etc. and the nic level is selectable there too. After you get a little more comfortable with what you like I'd suggest venturing to some of the other juice sites listed in this thread. Since Hoosier has pretty inexpensive juice (still good stuff) then you can do some trial and error before settling on some flavors you really like with some of the more expensive suppliers.

As far as the nic level goes, I was a Marlboro red/Camel filter smoker so I started off with 36 mg. I learned that I couldn't vape too much on that or it would make me sick to my stomach. Since you were a mild smoker I'd probably start out with 18 mg, at worst you just vape more to get to the same nic level, but you can avoid the sick feeling of doing too much. I'm down to 18 mg now and it is working out well for me.

Let us know what you think of the KGO and be sure to follow the first charge instructions, they really do make a difference.

Reactions: vandyman
Upvote 0
I received my KGo kit yesterday from Hossier and am glad that I made this purchase. The KGO is a get kit with a great price, you can not go wrong with this, You recieve two units in the kit.
I also purchased a dual 1.5 ohm cart to test and some sample liquids.:):)

I have joined the ecig forum and I have been doing a lot of reading.:D

DIY seems to be the way to go with the liquids and it looks like PA is the place to get the flavors. And MFS for the nic base and accessories.
As far as the bottles go, I can get them for free.

As far as being tobacco free, I will alternate for a few weeks ,than make the switch for good. <<< I just need to find the right blends that will make me happy.

Thanks OTD,
Bob

Reactions: OfTheDamned
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones