• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

mahgnillig

Nov 21, 2009
I set up my (new) Gmail account and my Yahoo account on my phone. Instead of only downloading new messages it downloaded everything I had saved on the account dating back for several years! Also, when I delete mail from the phone it also deletes it from the server. I looked through all the menus and couldn't find a way to a) only download new messages and b) keep deleted mail on the server. This is using the default email app that came on the phone. Is this just a sucky email program? And if so, is there something I can replace it with that will give me the features I want? I really don't want to take up my phone's memory with messages from 2002, and I kept them on the server so I would always have them... I don't want the phone deleting them :(

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones