• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Hi folks....a newbie here wondering if anyone can give me back the will to live...:eek:

The lady from the technical dept at Orange that I was on the phone to yesterday for nearly an hour trying to get the Orange email to work is also losing the will.

Apparently, even though orange.net is part of Orange and run by them, it is notoriously difficult to set up on mobiles, which I had first hand knowledge of last year when setting it up on the old Samsung u800 that I had.

There are about 3 ways to set it up. One is to go through the 'pop/imap' which pulls emails in...but that uses more MBs. Orange and aol is set up on that and both work fine. Except that no alerts come through to new emails from that set-up so I don't know mails are there and have to keep checking.

The second is through the inbox accessed through Orangeworld, and that is what I had set up before on the old phone. A text comes in to say there is a new mail and a couple of clicks later there is the inbox and mails can be read and replied to. I got that set up, but although I could read mails I couldn't reply as none of the 'buttons' would respond.

Third is through the email icon, and 'add account'. I'd already set up my aol account and had folks emailing me to that one as it worked ok. I got a txt when there was a new mail and all was fine. But Orange mail kept playing up. So onto Orange and they told me to ring Samsung. Samsung told me to delete the account and re-set it up....so I deleted it and tried to set it up again and it wouldn't have it...
icon_confused.gif
Now I get 'error (4002) when I've put my email addy and password in to set the account up. So on to Orange again and the lady in the tech dept got hold of the same phone as me, put a sim in and tried to set it up and couldn't. Between us we changed just about every setting on the damn phone and nothing doing.

SO after the phone call with Orange I had a play in the settings and allowed cookies....and low and behold the buttons on the inbox started to change colour when they were touched....
icon_biggrin.gif
So then I cleared the cache and tried the inbox way again and the buttons now responded. So I have texts coming in to alert me to orange mails and I could get to them through the inbox and reply with one click on an icon....
icon_smile.gif
icon_smile.gif

But then the battery died and after charging the inbox icon takes me to the main Orange home screen, although I am still getting the txt alerts.

Now on aol I am getting no txt alerts but the mails are coming through ok.

So I am about to revert back to the u800 unless anyone here could help me to set this up properly....
Ang x

It was driving me daft, even Orange couldn't set it up on a spare phone.

I know I'm not a technically minded 'wizz kid'....cos I'm too old to be a wizz kid....lol. But I do know how to set an account up, and it was getting past a joke.

But at least if this thread helps anyone else that is having trouble with their Samsung Gallaxt Apollo and Orange email then it's worth all the typing...:)

Ang x

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones