1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Root Epic Unresponsive after unsecessful Root attemt

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mjben, Nov 12, 2010.

1. mjben

mjben Member

Nov 12, 2010
    I need HELP. I made 2 unsuccessful attempts to root my Galaxy S Epic. The device is now unresponsive. Only the front lower buttons and a red indicator light are lit (and wont go out). Nothing responds.

The first attempt I made was from this link:
    Root Samsung Galaxy S Android 2.1, 2.2 On Windows, Mac OS X

I followed the instructions, and the comand screen went through until it stopped at 'your device is now rebooting' ... my device was NOT rebooting, no recovery, nothing was happening. I just closed the cmd window and unplugged the Epic. things were still working OK after that.

The second attempts I made was from this link (thru this forum):
    One Click Root & Recovery for the Epic 4G! v2.4.0 Now has ClockworkMod! - xda-developers

I ran the run.bat Again, nothing. I ran the adb.exe. still nothing, but I believe this is where my trouble began. I closed everything and unplugged the epic.

Then the trouble started. Email stalled when I opened it, but it came back. Then FB stalled when I opened it. It never came back, the whole thing went black and unresponsive.

I just got this thing. I'm totally sick over this. What did I do?!

Also, how do I get the battery out of the Epic, and how do I restart it?

Advertisement

2. mjben

mjben Member

Nov 12, 2010
    wow, after letting it sit for an hour or so I heard an audible notification. I checked it, and it was alive again! It was telling me the battery was low. I fully charged it, still unsure if it was REALLY alive again. Later on I worked up the nerve to dig around it and sure enough everything works perfectly!

I have no idea what happened. The device is still NOT rooted. And now when I hit the 'Home' button I am presented with two options to complete the command- to use Home or to use TW...something. Home option takes me to an unfamiliar home screen with only 3 pages that looks like it's still stock out of the box, and the TW... option takes me where I've been going all along. I have no idea what's going on with this, but my Epic works again!