• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Epic Unresponsive after unsecessful Root attemt

mjben

Lurker
Nov 12, 2010
I need HELP. I made 2 unsuccessful attempts to root my Galaxy S Epic. The device is now unresponsive. Only the front lower buttons and a red indicator light are lit (and wont go out). Nothing responds.

The first attempt I made was from this link:
Root Samsung Galaxy S Android 2.1, 2.2 On Windows, Mac OS X

I followed the instructions, and the comand screen went through until it stopped at 'your device is now rebooting' ... my device was NOT rebooting, no recovery, nothing was happening. I just closed the cmd window and unplugged the Epic. things were still working OK after that.

The second attempts I made was from this link (thru this forum):
One Click Root & Recovery for the Epic 4G! v2.4.0 Now has ClockworkMod! - xda-developers

I ran the run.bat Again, nothing. I ran the adb.exe. still nothing, but I believe this is where my trouble began. I closed everything and unplugged the epic.

Then the trouble started. Email stalled when I opened it, but it came back. Then FB stalled when I opened it. It never came back, the whole thing went black and unresponsive.

I just got this thing. I'm totally sick over this. What did I do?!

Also, how do I get the battery out of the Epic, and how do I restart it?

wow, after letting it sit for an hour or so I heard an audible notification. I checked it, and it was alive again! It was telling me the battery was low. I fully charged it, still unsure if it was REALLY alive again. Later on I worked up the nerve to dig around it and sure enough everything works perfectly!

I have no idea what happened. The device is still NOT rooted. And now when I hit the 'Home' button I am presented with two options to complete the command- to use Home or to use TW...something. Home option takes me to an unfamiliar home screen with only 3 pages that looks like it's still stock out of the box, and the TW... option takes me where I've been going all along. I have no idea what's going on with this, but my Epic works again!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones