• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

sassy01ss

Lurker
May 19, 2011
I currently have an evo and over it and it's battery life! I know you are all Epic lovers but can anyone tell me their thoughts...I was thinking of trading my evo for an epic...is the epic all that good?? is it better than the evo? is the battery life ANY better?? thanks SO MUCH :D

I'd say go for the Epic because I use the phone similarly to you and I have had an uptime of 65+ hours on the Epic. But I use Juice Defender with everything customized making the phone prefer Wifi and leave syncing enabled.

The hardware in the EPIC is still very good and marginally better than the Evo they both have 1ghz processors but the graphics acceleration in the Epic is much better.

I have had the opportunity to use many android devices and I still love my phone the best.

Upvote 0
FWIW I think the Epic's battery life is a bit better than the Evo, but if you use it a lot the battery life will drain.

I also have iPhone. The iPhone battery life is superior because the iPhone really doesn't do as much - no widgets, no true multi-tasking, etc. I'd rather have Android over iPhone truth be told.

Upvote 0
The EPIC is better.
It handles graphics better than the EVO. The display is way better. It has a keyboard. It's still and video cameras are both better. I've also noticed that the battery life is somewhat bettery, though not by a whole lot.

Don't forget the HD Recording with the mp4 container is better, the stock audio player is better, the stock video player is a lot better. The only thing I can tell the evo had going for it when I switched from my EVO to the Epic is the development community, (just my opinion of course), Screen size, (even though the screen on the epic blows the EVO screen out of the water), and Social integration with Sense made more sense. (Epic does social integration but it's not quiet as polished as sense was). I say go for it if I was you, I did and I haven't looked back yet.

Upvote 0
I have both and EVO and an EPIC. I really would love to put them both in a blender and pour out the perfect phone.

I find the battery life about the same, honestly. I keep spare charged batteries on me at all times.

My EPIC just quits on me at least once a day. Won't turn on. Recovery is remove/replace the battery and turn it back on. Very annoying but the boot up time is substantially faster than the EVO (however still way too slow for my tastes).

Samsung has some better tricks that HTC. The ability to uninstall apps from the app list is a biggie for me.

It's all about the little things and when I list pros and cons of both they are very different but the lists number the same.

The EPIC wins alpha phone because of the keyboard but every time I pick up the slim EVO, I wonder if it's time to give that up.

Upvote 0
i had about a week left and i traded in my evo 4g for the samsung epic. While i absolutely LOVED the huge screen and kickstand the phone had i absolutely HATED the virtual keyboard. Liked the evo shift alot but it didnt have the screen, dual camera, bigger keyboard, and 16 gig card. After installing ADW launcher im a happy camper.

Upvote 0

My EPIC just quits on me at least once a day. Won't turn on. Recovery is remove/replace the battery and turn it back on. Very annoying but the boot up time is substantially faster than the EVO (however still way too slow for my tastes).

sounds like you might have an app management problem, hardware issue or bad battery. it should not be doing that.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones