• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Eris AND land line, or just Eris?

nomarsgirl,

Have you contacted Verizon support and complained about coverage in your area? I agree you shouldn't have to do this, but there may be a legitimate reason why you aren't getting a good signal around your home, in which case the network extender might be a good option. I know someone on the Sprint network that complained loud enough that they actually sent one of these to him for free. Just a thought! Good luck with your problems. Even at full price, it would pay for itself pretty quickly over having a landline with basic features.

Upvote 0
nomarsgirl,

Have you contacted Verizon support and complained about coverage in your area? I agree you shouldn't have to do this, but there may be a legitimate reason why you aren't getting a good signal around your home, in which case the network extender might be a good option. I know someone on the Sprint network that complained loud enough that they actually sent one of these to him for free. Just a thought! Good luck with your problems. Even at full price, it would pay for itself pretty quickly over having a landline with basic features.

+1

It never hurts to call and talk to someone about your current coverage at home. If any of your neighbors have the same problem you could all call in and probably accomplish even more. It is worth a try.

Upvote 0
We ditched our land line a few years ago too. We have an extra line on our Verizon account with a simple flip phone so the kids have a way to call one of us or 911 if it is needed.

This is a great idea! My wife and I will hopefully be closing on our first home in the next month, and I may just skip getting a landline service. I could set up a new line, get the introductory price on it and use an older phone for the house.

Upvote 0
I keep a phonebook in the trunk of my car. But its almost 4 years old, and our city is expanding pretty rapidly so the map is probably only useful for older inner city streets. I had to use it last year before I had a data plan on my phone, to try and find my sister's friend's house. Only to find that she lives in a new development that wasn't on the map. It was a real PITA.

Google Maps isn't 100% up to date (it still doesn't get extremely new developments), but at least I don't have to use an index to find a street and try to point it out on a grid.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones