• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Eris browser not responding well

jbdan

Extreme Android User
Jan 31, 2010
atl ga usa
Hi all.

I have a small issue here. Running Eris 1.5 and using the default browser. I've had the phone for over a month (unlimited data plan) no issues I like the phone a lot. I have not filled it with junk apps and it's been a solid performer.

Short story long, just this weekend the default browser just stalls. It loads about 20% then stalls. I reset the phone (power off) power back on enable mobile network and it opens a web page....then go to load another web page (any website) and another stall. It just sits there with bottom green meter at ~15-20% It's been rendered useless essentially.

My signal is good, battery is full, I have handcent, weather channel, astro, and bank of america apps. 3G is present up top. I can go to hotmail inbox hit refresh and 3G has active up and down arrows. When I use default browser (even though you can't see it I hit "back real quick to look sometimes) the 3G is just there with the little grayed out "D" no active up and down arrows. It even does this on WIFI and my WIFI is fine I'm on it now lol.

Opera works and is blazing fast, dolphin works, weather channel works I get emails it's just the default browser which I happen to like. I was thinking it was a local verizon 3G issue but it happens wherever I go and like I said opera/dolphin are fine.

I can switch to one of the other browsers and I may have to, but I want my default browser back. I did a factory restore tonight, all the *228 options, cleared cache, etc....to no avail. Default browser still stalls :(

Does anyone have any ideas?? I did search this topic. Thanks for any info.

Dan

Wow, you took two of my suggestions, Opera and clearing the cache.

I know the Browser is supposed to work, but I dunno what else to tell ya.

Opera is great, as you know, so just try using that. It's my browser of choice now, especially with that dialer screen for bookmarks.

If you're still within your 30 day return period, run to VZW and let them know.

Reactions: jbdan
Upvote 0
Wow, you took two of my suggestions, Opera and clearing the cache.

I know the Browser is supposed to work, but I dunno what else to tell ya.

Opera is great, as you know, so just try using that. It's my browser of choice now, especially with that dialer screen for bookmarks.

If you're still within your 30 day return period, run to VZW and let them know.

Thanks smacky for the advice. It's really strange how all the sudden it is doing this and how other browsers work, but the default doesn't. Opera is so fast but it does have render issues... I can live with that I guess. I really like the default browser functionality :(

I'm beyond the 30 days... it's going to grate my nerves why it no longer works right lol. So do I jump on the two-point-one wagon now :D Thanks again

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones