• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ERIS Error popup messages

Every so offten, my Eris, pops up this error message "Sorry! The process com.ht.bg has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again" and I have to click "force close" I don't see anything happening to my phone.. Does anyone know what may be causing this?? :thinking:

Those errors are often caused by remnants of an app that's been deleted or uninstalled by the user, or, an app becoming corrupted.

I'd first do a live battery pull and then run the device for a while to see if that has remedied the problem.

Failing that I'd uninstall all Market apps and re-install them being careful to configure each app to disallow background updates (those apps which have such a choice, such as weather, etc). Then, if all is going well with no error messages, I'd allow for the background updates one app at a time and run the device for a while to see if that app attempting to update has caused the error message.. until all apps have been tested that way.

Failing that I'd do a factory data reset.

Good luck, please take a lot of time for testing between each step and please post back as you go along.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones