• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Eris to v2.x, when?

How do I export them to google?
and how can I put my apps in Astro?

If you use astro app manager which is in astro/menu/tools, you can select all your apps and say backup to card. It will create backups of all your installed apps that can be backed. You can then reinstall astro after update and reinstall them from backup by using this sd card you backed them to.

As far as contacts you just go into your email client you are using now and select export contacts to a csv file or preferably vCard file and then go into your gmail account to contacts tab and select import.It will bring them all in there and then that will sync with your phone once logged into your google account.

Upvote 0
JUst a word of caution, apps restored from the SD card will not get updates in the market.

Yep OTD is correct in that but just to clear it up if worried about that. You don't get updates, but you do get the full install if you have purchased it previously. Meaning... if you have previously purchased it and it shows up in the market then use the market version to reinstall with 2.1. If you have purchased it but it isn't showing in market yet then use your astro backup until it shows eventually in the market then just install the market one either over your install or uninstall yours and install market app then voila you are in for the updates. Just didnt want people freaking out thinking they will never get updates if they use the astro backup in the interim.

Upvote 0
Hey tester Guru's? When we report the continued bugs, do you then report them to your sources and will this help the final version as it rolls out? Just a question..Thanks by the way, I am still happy about the leaked version even with the having to turn it off when I get the 'silent treatment' not much different than my wife....JUST KIDDING!!! *<:cool:

Upvote 0
OTD
Tried what I think you were saying. Put phone in plane mode and charged. Took it off charger and back to reg mode. Results...

Battery Use:
Cell Standby 42%
Phone Idle 41%
Android System 13%
Display 4%

Up time: 14:59:20
Awake: 9:56:50

What does it show when you press on cell standby?

Mine is showing 2h 42m 42s right now. It used to have 2 different times there and something showing that I was without signal 50% of the time. Are you seeing anything like that?

Upvote 0
What does it show when you press on cell standby?

Mine is showing 2h 42m 42s right now. It used to have 2 different times there and something showing that I was without signal 50% of the time. Are you seeing anything like that?

Time on 1h 26m 42s
Time w/o a signal 1%

just one time but I never went here before to see if there was 2 dif ones.

Upvote 0
Do you know if you have actually been anywhere that has really bad signal for you?

I show crappy signal in bars and had the handcent issue with messages showing not sent, which I thought was bad signal, but I haven't had bad calls yet. I switched to chomp to fix handcent prob. I will switch back to hancent when it is resolved.

So to answer your question... displays crappy signal but I haven't actually had problems making calls or using 3g.

Upvote 0
Anyone using spare parts on this 2.1 build? Just installed it earlier to see if it would help any with the updated version but when I use the back button out of any app or area I get the HTC logo and a momentary spinning/thinking/processing icon before it goes back to the home screen. Bout to remove spare parts.

In spare parts look to see what it says under Activity/Process management. If it is set to aggressive, that is your problem.

Reactions: n2imagination
Upvote 0
In spare parts look to see what it says under Activity/Process management. If it is set to aggressive, that is your problem.
Yeah that was it. Thanks. I was trying that out to see what the heck it does. I am not sure, as it seems are many others, what this app really does anyway. Have you found any real, measurable, benefit to this app?

Upvote 0
Anyone using spare parts on this 2.1 build? Just installed it earlier to see if it would help any with the updated version but when I use the back button out of any app or area I get the HTC logo and a momentary spinning/thinking/processing icon before it goes back to the home screen. Bout to remove spare parts.

I would first change it from Aggressive to Normal in Spare Parts, as OTD mentioned, before uninstalling.

Otherwise, uninstalling might do NOTHING, since all Spare Parts does is give you access to Settings that aren't shown to you in Settings.

Upvote 0
Yeah that was it. Thanks. I was trying that out to see what the heck it does. I am not sure, as it seems are many others, what this app really does anyway. Have you found any real, measurable, benefit to this app?

Not really. The only thing I have ever used it for is looking at battery usage. It doesn't stay on my phone long and with the new features* they have added, it may never be on my phone again.

*When I say features, I mean headaches.

Upvote 0
Not really. The only thing I have ever used it for is looking at battery usage. It doesn't stay on my phone long and with the new features* they have added, it may never be on my phone again.

*When I say features, I mean headaches.
Yeah. Im pulling it now. Oooh that sounds bad. sorry:eek: Plus I'm not keen on hooking someone up with the ad revenue that didn't even write the darn thing. Cheezy move if you ask me.

Upvote 0
Do you know if you have actually been anywhere that has really bad signal for you?

When I click on cell standby, it says 50% time w/o a signal for me too. Not sure if that's accurate in my case.

I think Battery Use shows the percentage that a process is using battery relative to other processes adding up to 100%--not how much juice it's actually using. So when your phone's asleep and your just waiting for calls, cell standby would be the only main process that is being used. And the longer you let it rest, the larger the percentage that cell standby will take. If you got into airplane mode, obviously that shuts off the whole cell standby and it lowers the percentage of battery use over time. But if you are using your phone, other processes will naturally take a larger percentage of that total. At least, that's what I hope this indicator means. Any other thoughts on this would be appreciated.

After 53 mins of being unplugged and mostly asleep next to my desktop:

cell standby: 64%
Phone idle: 21%
Android System: 8%
Dialier 5%
Display: 2%

Upvote 0
When I click on cell standby, it says 50% time w/o a signal for me too. Not sure if that's accurate in my case.

I think Battery Use shows the percentage that a process is using battery relative to other processes adding up to 100%--not how much juice it's actually using. So when your phone's asleep and your just waiting for calls, cell standby would be the only main process that is being used. And the longer you let it rest, the larger the percentage that cell standby will take. If you got into airplane mode, obviously that shuts off the whole cell standby and it lowers the percentage of battery use over time. But if you are using your phone, other processes will naturally take a larger percentage of that total. At least, that's what I hope this indicator means. Any other thoughts on this would be appreciated.

After 53 mins of being unplugged and mostly asleep next to my desktop:

cell standby: 64%
Phone idle: 21%
Android System: 8%
Dialier 5%
Display: 2%

No, I understand what you are saying about the percentages. What I was seeing was that my phone was sitting at 50% with out signal and my I was burning through my battery pretty quickly. I was also only getting 1 to 2 bars in places I used to get more. After putting the phone in airplane mode for that one charge I am getting 3 to 4 bars on average and my battery is lasting a whole lot longer. The 50% time with out signal is also gone.

Upvote 0
No, I understand what you are saying about the percentages. What I was seeing was that my phone was sitting at 50% with out signal and my I was burning through my battery pretty quickly. I was also only getting 1 to 2 bars in places I used to get more. After putting the phone in airplane mode for that one charge I am getting 3 to 4 bars on average and my battery is lasting a whole lot longer. The 50% time with out signal is also gone.

Hmmm--I'll have to try that tonight when I can safely charge and not rely on the phone for incoming calls. Do you restart the phone after it's charged or just take it off Airplane mode? Weird that just doing that clears those other cell standby bugs.

Upvote 0
Hmmm--I'll have to try that tonight when I can safely charge and not rely on the phone for incoming calls. Do you restart the phone after it's charged or just take it off Airplane mode? Weird that just doing that clears those other cell standby bugs.

No, I did not restart. When I originally did it, I was just trying to charge the phone up while nothing else was running. Didn't notice the little "side affect" until later.

Reactions: robo123
Upvote 0
No, I did not restart. When I originally did it, I was just trying to charge the phone up while nothing else was running. Didn't notice the little "side affect" until later.

Thank you thank you thank you for this suggestion. That 50% without a signal was driving me crazy! After using the airplane mode while I charged last night, my phone has had 0% without a signal all day so far. I still have less bars since I updated to 2.1, however, but as long as I have a signal that's doesn't bother me so much. Strange how doing something so seemingly unrelated can turn out to be the fix.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones