• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Eris too slow to even post message to this forum

I honestly did notice that it went a bit slow, but it did not at all annoy me considering I have to be careful when typing on the touchscreen anyway.

Seriously if that annoys you that much dorito then u choose the wrong phone. I find it to be interesting that those who complain about speed bought the eris in the first place. There were better choices for a phone if you wanted speed. however you choose the eris and u have to deal with whats dealt.

Deal with it or get another phone, Simple.

Upvote 0
I honestly did notice that it went a bit slow, but it did not at all annoy me considering I have to be careful when typing on the touchscreen anyway.

Seriously if that annoys you that much dorito then u choose the wrong phone. I find it to be interesting that those who complain about speed bought the eris in the first place. There were better choices for a phone if you wanted speed. however you choose the eris and u have to deal with whats dealt.

Deal with it or get another phone, Simple.

I don't think that is a 100% fair thing to say. I've complained numerous times about the speed.

Speed is not the only reason why i buy phones...Marketing, Support, Look and Feel, Ease of use, Speed, Features and call clarity are reasons why I buy phones.

When you first get the Eris it's very snappy due to nothing is on it really and a lot of people don't know you have to delete cache, delete text messages once it gets over like a 100, do this and do that...

In fact, i shouldn't have to delete cache 3-4 times a day and keep deleting messages every 2 hours because dumphones have a max of 250 and i've never seen them slowdown.

A lot of ppl who complain about speed(myself included) don't realize how slow the phone is or was till you've had it for longer then a day or two and see...wow it's slow...

3-5 seconds to rotate screens and launch applications, constant foreclosures, keyboard issues as well as signal and software issues might not anger some in the forum and some people don't care so much about lag but there are people who brought this phone with one impression(myself included) only to be disappointed and upset at it.

Upvote 0
In fact, i shouldn't have to delete cache 3-4 times a day and keep deleting messages every 2 hours because dumphones have a max of 250 and i've never seen them slowdown.

I do cache and other maintenance every Sunday evening. My Eris, because of those short procedures, runs just as fast as it did the day I got it.

The biggest change in the device since then is battery life (using a 1750); it has nearly tripled since February (with the same battery), to the point that now, after a day's use, there is usually at least 40% charge left, often 50% or 55%.

I have 13 apps now that did not come with the device stock. Weather, Quick Mount, Delete Old Messages, etc. I have thirty-two wallpapers I've downloaded, mostly from Caedes Desktop Backgrounds - Photography, Abstract, 3D - Caedes Desktop Wallpaper - Caedes.net which I use in the various "scenes" I've constructed.

I'm telling you all this because I see posts like yours around here and other forums complaining about how slow there Eris has gotten since they first got it; I can only attribute that to speculative notions, such as much, much more daily usage than I have; 10 to 25 phone calls per day is all I make or receive, and now about 50 messages or so, sometimes more and sometimes even less than 20.

So, the Eris is perfect for me, but may not be so perfect for harder users of the device, perhaps?

Upvote 0
I do cache and other maintenance every Sunday evening. My Eris, because of those short procedures, runs just as fast as it did the day I got it.

The biggest change in the device since then is battery life (using a 1750); it has nearly tripled since February (with the same battery), to the point that now, after a day's use, there is usually at least 40% charge left, often 50% or 55%.

I also got the bigger battery, do similar clean up, and only have apps that I actually use installed, and I have similar results to Frisco. I charge my battery every 1-2 days and rarely ever experience any lag.

Upvote 0
I also got the bigger battery, do similar clean up, and only have apps that I actually use installed, and I have similar results to Frisco. I charge my battery every 1-2 days and rarely ever experience any lag.

I think most see their Eris in a similar light.

A bit of internet study of the devices we're shopping for can help, before we to to the store and try them out. I didn't do that, but I can see that the Eris is a bit of a foster brother to the Droid and a few other coming devices (to Verizon) such as the Nexus One and Incredible. Knowing that, a person can think about about their needs and decide if the lower spec unit is for them, or if they should hold out for one of those others.

It's almost as if the Eris was used by Verizon as bait for some customers.. lol ..

comic%20fishman%20gillman%20fishing%20jared%20hindman.jpg

Upvote 0
Actually it was used to get rid of excess outdated hardware. The phone is now discontinued.

Kinda like when a car dealership puts on a huge sale to get rid of their crappy 2010 models to make room for their new and improved 2011 models?

Sounds like good business.

So using that example... Everyone wins. We got a great deal on a "outdated" but still new phone, and Verizon made room for the Incredible.
We all win! YAY!

Upvote 0
Actually it was used to get rid of excess outdated hardware. The phone is now discontinued.

Verizon may have done it for business reasons but there is nothing wrong with older tech.

If you are still having issues after listening to the advice then ur crap outa luck. No reason to continue to complain. Either tolerate or get a new phone

Upvote 0
Kinda like when a car dealership puts on a huge sale to get rid of their crappy 2010 models to make room for their new and improved 2011 models?

Sounds like good business.

So using that example... Everyone wins. We got a great deal on a "outdated" but still new phone, and Verizon made room for the Incredible.
We all win! YAY!
More like a dealership putting out 2007 models in 2010. :( Im not sure what this great deal is you are talking about? :thinking:

Upvote 0
Things I do/did to make my Eris fast:

I delete cache every day using the app Quick App Clean Cache.

I deleted all the apps I do not use/need anymore.

I followed all the tips/battery tips posted in this forum.

I really don't mind doing regular maintenance on my Eris because it is like a mini computer and in my opinion, you need to do it.

Upvote 0
I'm not even sure why this is still being discussed. The OP was proven wrong in the first couple of posts. He obviously doesn't want to take any advice and is spending most of his time posting in the Incrdible forum. It looks like his plans have been made and his bags are packed. His message may be grim, but he has his splenda and his radio is already tuned to another station.;)

Upvote 0
Why is this phone so slow that you cant even post a message to this forum from it? I tried posting a message to this forum and the keyboard is so slow you can only type like 1 letter per second. Have the same issue with other forums as well. This phone is garbage.

Here's a better question : do Doritos contain ArtificialSweeteners ?

yawn.

For goodness sakes, come up with a new troll every so often. This one is so tired by now it's laughable.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones