• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Parts of Lake Wales, FL have like solid 3G. Not sure exactly where and the speeds though. I was mostly around the 27 and 60 area, where they cross. But the coverage goes pretty far south. Close, but not as far as highlands county, at least not where I've been.
Though i once picked up 3G in my house in Avon park for like 4 seconds. :D
Lol. I hope it keeps expanding, that would be great. Btw my prl is 3022.

Upvote 0
Downtown Miami - South Miami - North Miami - Fort Lauderdale before Commercial Blvd - LIVE ON EVDO!!!! Initial reports show 1004kbps UNCAPPED!! this is beautiful. -> Waiting on more confirms and in the rest of Broward / Dade counties

not sure u said this but, most of broward county = completely capped. im talking about capped to a low ass speed.

id be happy as **** if i could get 1000kbps / 100kb/s anywhere with this phone

most of miami is capped as well.

Upvote 0
Downtown Miami - South Miami - North Miami - Fort Lauderdale before Commercial Blvd - LIVE ON EVDO!!!! Initial reports show 1004kbps UNCAPPED!! this is beautiful. -> Waiting on more confirms and in the rest of Broward / Dade counties

not sure u said this but, most of broward county = completely capped. im talking about capped to a low ass speed.

id be happy as **** if i could get 1000kbps / 100kb/s anywhere with this phone

most of miami is capped as well.

Ya, 20kbps. I'd much rather stay at 1x than "3G". -.-

Upvote 0
About to 2 weeks ago, i reported Tampa, FL had no 3G. Today i finally got a glimpse of 3g for the first time. It only lasted a few seconds though, and only seems to work when i reboot my system. lol

Heres the screen...

screenshot-1317527109006.png

Upvote 0
Yea insane, finally its lasting more then a few seconds..... looks like Tampa, FL is capped at 180kpbs down, and about 155kpbs. Which is WAY better then regular 1x.

Here are the screens i took a few minutes ago...

screenshot-1317568161547.png

screenshot-1317568174309.png

So i'm happy as a modaf*cker

NOTES:

Make sure you edit your build.prop..... That seem to do the trick. Also make sure you flash 3023.prl. That also seem to get it on and popping. Also do a few reboots and/or put it on airplane mode and then turn it back off and on. (you prob can just get a app to turn off your mobile connection, but i was a lil lazy)

In the build.prop you change

ro.ril.hsxpa=1
ro.ril.gprsclass=10

to

ro.ril.hsxpa=2
ro.ril.gprsclass=12

What that does is makes the speed in download and upload faster. Forgot the source link, not sure where i saw it. Need it? Pm me, illl find it.

EDIT:
Just wanted to mention my girl has a LG OM that she has never rooted or flashed a rom on, or a prl for that matter and she has 3023 prl OTA, and has 3g. So, maybe if u either wait or do the *228 and update thru though you may get 3023.

Upvote 0
Got 3G Evd0 in NY, Queens. The first time I got the 3G icon was with prl 3024, the coverage is getting better with prl 3025.

downloadspeed.png

The top two are much faster than the 1xRTT but with a bad coverage (I can easily see how bad it is when I switch to evdo only). Usually the speed is around the one from 1xRTT (the bottom one is 1x and and the third on from bottom up is Evdo).

I will keep updating the prl, it looks like it helps.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones