• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Evo Port Test ROMs | Droid Incredible

Installed #3.....didn't like it....nandroid'd back

Linpack scores were way lower (like 10 points)

laggy screen draws

Hey just wondering what your scores with #3 are?

I hit 35.9 on linpack and 1375 on quandrant with #3 and FrankenROM b6. I have the CPU set to 1075 max and 245 min with a conservative setting. The only real issue I've noticed is my GPS is a bit off, not terrible inaccurate, but off by maybe a half mile to my exact location when looking at the map.

Upvote 0
can anyone else confirm this on their Inc? on the HTC message widget, and I believe the mail widget as well...i can't open it up by clicking on the "menu" icon on the lower left on franken b6, and possibly prior version b5, but i have to check...

I've been running Skyraider because of that issue...but would love to get back on the Franken boat

Are you talking about the all apps menu on the launcher bar at the bottom of the home screen or the menu softkey above the trackpad? I can open both the messages and mail apps from the all apps menu from the launcher.

Upvote 0
no, the lower left icon on the widgets themselves, where new message or email counter shows up, not the phone's capacitive touch menu button.
I see. Which variation of the widget are you using? I am using the "page" style and it works for me. I just have to touch anywhere on the widget except the reply or delete icons and it opens the app.

Attachments

• CAP201008311334.jpg
    CAP201008311334.jpg
    194.5 KB · Views: 93
Upvote 0
Correct - I actually get like 35-38 normally on the new Linpack
IDK, I got 32-35 on average with the kernel that came with B6. Seems like the different kernels perform differently from phone to phone. I've seen where people can't OC more that 1.13 where others can go full bore (like me), apparently that goes for other aspects of the kernels too. The only advice I can give at this point is just try the various kernels that are available and pick the one that works best for you.

Upvote 0
I know adrynalyne is busy with school, but does anybody have any info if there will be an updated frankenrom with the official froyo rom + EVO Framework...I'm not gonna lie, I check this thread at least 5X's a day to see if anything new is out...I hope its soon & I'm addicted, I need a fix....lol

I'm always checking the ROM section too. I actually thought that there was going to be a swarm of revised ROMs based off the 8/28 leak.....but in a way, I can also see that there isn't much point.

yea i kinda thought that too, and i still think we're gonna see some cool new roms just maybe not all at once like i was hoping. i'm looking forward to seeing what ruby is all about.

YES, Adrynalyne did say he will be updating FrankenROM to utilize items from the new leak when he gets time but dont forget he has his own ROM section now. Keep an eye on it ;)

adrynalyne

Reactions: Wynnded and Argent
Upvote 0
I see. Which variation of the widget are you using? I am using the "page" style and it works for me. I just have to touch anywhere on the widget except the reply or delete icons and it opens the app.

Mail I'm using the 2nd widget...happens on all message widgets. I can into the message, but if I want to get into the main app to see all messages I have to open a message then back out...

Upvote 0
Mail I'm using the 2nd widget...happens on all message widgets. I can into the message, but if I want to get into the main app to see all messages I have to open a message then back out...
That's odd:thinking:. However, if I press on the body of the message in the widget, it does open that message, if I press on the list icon, it brings up the page with all the threads. I also just tried the second mail widget and can confirm that it works for me the same as the first.

Upvote 0
That wasn't a hijack - his comment was directed at mine about low linpack scores with the KingX kernel
Hey Argent, how's things on the kernel front? I reccomend SetCPU, if for nothing else than the ability to set different profiles. It is free for XDA members, but I recommend buying it, it has been worth the money IMHO.

Upvote 0
Hey Argent, how's things on the kernel front? I reccomend SetCPU, if for nothing else than the ability to set different profiles. It is free for XDA members, but I recommend buying it, it has been worth the money IMHO.

Free? damnit I just bought it - oh well it was cheap enough

I installed that - and then went back to #3 - bumped the CPU to 1.13 and set it for on demand

Linpack was back up in the mid-upper 30's and Quadrant jumped to 1400's

Seems to be running stable so far

Upvote 0
Free? damnit I just bought it - oh well it was cheap enough

I installed that - and then went back to #3 - bumped the CPU to 1.13 and set it for on demand

Linpack was back up in the mid-upper 30's and Quadrant jumped to 1400's

Seems to be running stable so far
Like I said, for me, it is well worth the money. Let me suggest you check out the profiles people have posted in this thread: http://androidforums.com/incredible-all-things-root/156801-ultimate-performance-battery-life.html. I use similar settings and have been pleased with the results.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones