• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

EVP Delivery Dates

It all depends on how your account is set up, you can call sprint and see if your account is eligible to have it charged or if you need to pay upfront.
I order all my phones online or over the phone, and have always just been billed. EVP also was just going to bill my sprint account too. I was just not sure if the local stores here could do it too. But it seems like I would be able to just bill it from the store. Thanks

Upvote 0
I'm going nuts too. I called UPS too in Louisville and she said they deliver on Saturdays if whoever your ordering from specifies Saturday delivery. So now I want to call back EVP but hayj said EVP didn't know. All I know is I am off Sat & Sun so Sat would be fine for me I just wanted to have it to play with for the weekend since I am off work. Friday I work all day anyway so I can do with Saturday just not Monday. And if it was to come Monday I would make them credit me my 12 bucks. My friend is going to call EVP back and see what he can find out. UPS here in town told me they can't do anything without a tracking number. But she said I could get it Fri but should get it by Sat for sure if they told me it was going to be over nighted and I paid 12 bucks. So now i just don't know and will wait it out I guess.. So now I hope it does show up in there system tomorrow.

Upvote 0
I order all my phones online or over the phone, and have always just been billed. EVP also was just going to bill my sprint account too. I was just not sure if the local stores here could do it too. But it seems like I would be able to just bill it from the store. Thanks

Me too, so you definitely shouldn't have any problem. (and you're welcome)

Upvote 0
I would assume (and this may be wishful thinking) that since everywhere else is getting the phones at least by the 3rd that evp shouldn't be any different and they should be shipping out tomorrow, I don't see why they would get theirs any later than any other retail store in America because you know Best Buy and Radio Shack aren't receiving the phones at 5am on the 4th and opening at 6am for customers to get them, it's just not possible.

Upvote 0
just came back from my bestbuy in NY and the lady had them in the locker. When I asked if they had them she was hesitant in a cute way and then said YES we have them, so I asked if she would show me it and she did...even took it out of the plastic and let me hold it etc... I popped the battery cover out and even pulled out the SD card which is an 8gb class 2 card. It's a pain in the ass to get out of the slot I will tell you that!! She wasn't supposed to show me the phone or even do what she did but she was like "I'm the only one here so its cool" LOL... I wasn't able to put the battery in but that's ok!! The phones AWESOME, there's no other way to put it!!! Everyone and there deaf aunt Rita is going to LOVE this phone!!!

Tell a friend to tell a friend!!!
wink.gif

1 day 9 hours and 37 minutes til JUNE 4TH!!!
happy.gif

This was just posted in another thread.....If BB has them, EVP should as well. I bet we start seeing ship notices tonight or tomorrow.
fingers-crossed-emoticon.gif

Reactions: ValerieHeyHey
Upvote 0
That's probably because that's the impression they were trying to give in order to sell more units through EVP. I definitely feel that they were not honest about the chances of getting the phones at the same time as, or before, local customers.
I get the same feeling. But thats okay, its their loss. Cause fool me once but the next time it won't happen. This is not the last phone I end up with. By next year another super dupper phone will come on the horizon and I will do my damnest to inform people that they are not true to their word and to go elsewhere.

TS

Reactions: travisr528
Upvote 0
My rep went so far as to tell me that if I didn't order my phone through them my discount would disappear which is total bs because I got a Moment in April (that I returned in May) from Sprint and nothing happened to my discount, I'm less than pleased with being lied to just so she can keep a sale. :mad:

Upvote 0
Canceled my EVP order, seems like all the corporate stores will have plenty of stock of EVO's and there are like 10 in my area so I will just go there Friday morning. The Saturday delivery seems shaky as some reps say you will get it Saturday others say Monday, UPS says if Saturday delivery is not specified you will not get it on Saturday and there is no place to specify Saturday delivery so I am willing to bet none of these actually show up until Monday. Anyways, don't want to take a chance, especially when it seems there will be plenty of stock at the local Sprint stores.

Upvote 0
If not shipped today, I will cancel first thing in the morning with EVP and be at Sprint bright and early Friday.

Me too or at least the canceling part. I think I'll preorder with Best Buy again to avoid the rebates.

I'm still wondering about the overnight shipping. EVP says these are just options given by the Sprint system. Sprint says they do not offer overnight and always give a 2-5 day delivery time. That's supported here. Notice they do not offer overnight for phones. I'm not sure what to make of it.

Upvote 0
I'm still wondering about the overnight shipping. EVP says these are just options given by the Sprint system. Sprint says they do not offer overnight and always give a 2-5 day delivery time. That's supported here. Notice they do not offer overnight for phones. I'm not sure what to make of it.

EVP are billing $12 for overnight, so you can be sure they're providing overnight service, otherwise, they're going to be owing a lot of angry customers their $12 back, and probably more if they outright lied to a large number of people. FWIW, Sprint also does do overnight shipping if you ask for it, it's just not a standard option.

Upvote 0
EVP are billing $12 for overnight, so you can be sure they're providing overnight service, otherwise, they're going to be owing a lot of angry customers their $12 back, and probably more if they outright lied to a large number of people. FWIW, Sprint also does do overnight shipping if you ask for it, it's just not a standard option.
I don't want to come across as saying EVP is scamming us or misrepresenting service, I just find it strange that no one can tell me the service I am paying for. I don't doubt we are getting some kind of overnight service but what that is, no one can say. Specifically if Saturday delivery is included, which is very important for a Friday ship date. There are multiple next day services and apparently some may or may not include the Saturday delivery.

Upvote 0
I don't want to come across as saying EVP is scamming us or misrepresenting service, I just find it strange that no one can tell me the service I am paying for. I don't doubt we are getting some kind of overnight service but what that is, no one can say. Specifically if Saturday delivery is included, which is very important for a Friday ship date. There are multiple next day services and apparently some may or may not include the Saturday delivery.

UPS: Saturday Delivery

The only thing I would worry about is:

Note: For Saturday Delivery, you must affix a Saturday Delivery sticker to each envelope or package.
But I'm going to assume that the people running EVP are not stupid, and they know to ask for Saturday delivery when shipping stuff overnight.

Upvote 0
Guys let me hopefully shed some light on this.

I worked for FedEx for 3 years and while I know UPS is a completely different company, they offer comparable express and ground services and I know their shipping POS to be similar (well, at least they used to be years ago.)

When any customer comes in on a Friday wanting to ship something "overnight," you as the shipping agent are presented with options.

"Overnight service"
"Overnight service with Saturday Delivery"

The DEFAULT service is just "Overnight" which returns a commit date of the following Monday (unless it's a holiday.)

If you want overnight service with Saturday delivery, you specifically have to CHOOSE that option. This is because there is a surcharge for Saturday delivery. (I remember at FedEx it was $12.50 for an overnight envelope above and beyond whatever the freight charge was.)

These options will either be available or not available in Sprint's "system" depending on what they have setup with UPS/FedEx for shipping options. If Sprint doesn't want to ship overnight with Saturday delivery as a matter of policy, that option will not even be available in their "system."

When you call UPS and ask them if they have Saturday delivery in your city, and they say "yes", that is accurate. But as mentioned above, it is up to the shipper to select that option and pay the surcharge, as applicable.

So if you are confused as to why UPS is telling you one thing about Saturday delivery and Sprint is telling you another, that is why.

Hope I haven't missed the mark on where the confusion is and that this helps to clarify.

EDIT: As far as "Saturday Delivery" stickers... let me address this also... Those are supposed to be applied to Saturday delivery shipments to make them easier to spot for sorting/delivery personnel. What really dictates the method of service is the barcoded label. In my time at FedEx I never heard of anyone not getting their Saturday delivery because someone forgot to put a "Saturday" sticker on it. We're a bit more sophisticated than that people... lol

Reactions: twospirits
Upvote 0
Guys let me hopefully shed some light on this.

I worked for FedEx for 3 years and while I know UPS is a completely different company, they offer comparable express and ground services and I know their shipping POS to be similar (well, at least they used to be years ago.)

When any customer comes in on a Friday wanting to ship something "overnight," you as the shipping agent are presented with options.

"Overnight service"
"Overnight service with Saturday Delivery"

The DEFAULT service is just "Overnight" which returns a commit date of the following Monday (unless it's a holiday.)

If you want overnight service with Saturday delivery, you specifically have to CHOOSE that option. This is because there is a surcharge for Saturday delivery. (I remember at FedEx it was $12.50 for an overnight envelope above and beyond whatever the freight charge was.)

These options will either be available or not available in Sprint's "system" depending on what they have setup with UPS/FedEx for shipping options. If Sprint doesn't want to ship overnight with Saturday delivery as a matter of policy, that option will not even be available in their "system."

When you call UPS and ask them if they have Saturday delivery in your city, and they say "yes", that is accurate. But as mentioned above, it is up to the shipper to select that option and pay the surcharge, as applicable.

So if you are confused as to why UPS is telling you one thing about Saturday delivery and Sprint is telling you another, that is why.

Hope I haven't missed the mark on where the confusion is and that this helps to clarify.

EDIT: As far as "Saturday Delivery" stickers... let me address this also... Those are supposed to be applied to Saturday delivery shipments to make them easier to spot for sorting/delivery personnel. What really dictates the method of service is the barcoded label. In my time at FedEx I never heard of anyone not getting their Saturday delivery because someone forgot to put a "Saturday" sticker on it. We're a bit more sophisticated than that people... lol

I think this is clear and what I have been saying. The confusion for me comes in trying to discern if the Saturday option is the default in the Sprint system. I'm going to make the assumption that there is not a Saturday delivery option with the overnight for purposes of making my own decisions. Mostly because a Sprint rep said an overnight Friday delivery would not be delivered Saturday.

Upvote 0
My Radio Shacks and Best Buys here have their Evo's and are ready for Friday. I wonder if sprint decided not to ship EVP their Evo's on purpose so they wouldn't ship early. The retailers here have their Evo's, so EVP should have theirs as well. Since they don't, I'm hoping they either ship today or tomorrow.

Upvote 0
My Radio Shacks and Best Buys here have their Evo's and are ready for Friday. I wonder if sprint decided not to ship EVP their Evo's on purpose so they wouldn't ship early. The retailers here have their Evo's, so EVP should have theirs as well. Since they don't, I'm hoping they either ship today or tomorrow.

I'm hoping they have them or know that they will be shipping them out tomorrow and they are just being tight lipped about it. I'm sure Sprint has made a big deal about people not getting this phone early so they can't say anything about it. They will most definitely lose some orders because of this though.

Upvote 0
Spoke to my rep again, she told me if I was going to cancel my order with them I would need to do it by noon tomorrow. Maybe they do have them after all and they are going to ship out tomorrow afternoon, why else would I need to cancel by noon since they are open until 5??

Me thinks you might be on to something there sporty.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones