• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Exchange woes.....!!

kkwan77

Nov 7, 2009
Last night my exchange account just went out on me inexplicably.

I removed the account and attempted to add it again and now the 'Next' button is grayed out? (this is in the first setup page for name / password)

Anyone offer any help? :thinking:

Help me droid users you're my only hope.......

I've tried rebooting it. And removing it completely. The next button is still grayed out.

The thing I noticed was - when I went to check my email last night it mysteriously brought me to the email setup page. I went to the Accounts / Sync and noticed that the email was still there and all the login credentials that were working earlier in the day.

Thus, I removed the account completely and attempted to added another 'Corporate' account and the problem above occurs.

Upvote 0
Tried that. It didn't change the state of the button - still gray. Also tried the following to no avail. It won't let me setup an email account period....any other way to reset?

From the home screen press the menu key > select settings.in settings select applications > manage applications
Press the menu key > filter, set your filter to all.
Find the email application and select it, then press clear data.

This will reset the app as if there was not an account set up ever.

Upvote 0
Turn off the Motorola Droid.
Press the Power button and the "x" on the hardware keyboard at the same time to power on and bring up the recovery screen.
Press the Volume Up and Camera buttons at the same time to show the recovery menu.
Select "Wipe data/factory reset".
Select "Reboot Phone".

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones