• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Extended Battery/Screen Time issues

OSU15

Nov 12, 2012
I've had the Gorilla Gadgets 4500 mAH extended battery for about 6 months now. It's worked very well for me up until the last month. I hardly get through the day and the battery drains so quickly even while on standby. I've recently checked the battery usage and it usually says that 70-80% of my battery is being used up by my screen. Just yesterday, it said that I used 2 hours of screen time, which consumed 70% of my battery. Any reason for this happening? I should be able to get much more screen time with my phone, and it shouldn't drain as much while on standby. Not sure why it started happening all of a sudden.

I've had the Gorilla Gadgets 4500 mAH extended battery for about 6 months now. It's worked very well for me up until the last month. I hardly get through the day and the battery drains so quickly even while on standby. I've recently checked the battery usage and it usually says that 70-80% of my battery is being used up by my screen. Just yesterday, it said that I used 2 hours of screen time, which consumed 70% of my battery. Any reason for this happening? I should be able to get much more screen time with my phone, and it shouldn't drain as much while on standby. Not sure why it started happening all of a sudden.

Hello OSU.

Well, most often when a sudden change in resource drain is seen, it'll match up with some change the user has made, either in usage or in addition of an app/widget or in configuration of the system or one of the apps/widgets, given that the battery stats are correct as displayed (clear those in the Application Manager and reboot to test that ;)).

Having said that, some 3rd party extended batteries do seem to dry up in performance rather quickly. One year is supposed to be the average life of a battery for these smart phones, extended or stock. 6 Months seems a bit on the low quality side, unless, as mentioned, there's a configuration or app/widget or usage reason.

Also, have you changed location? If so and it's farther from a tower/signal source, your device may be draining resources in an effort to keep polling for a strong signal.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones