• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Extended Control App - 3G

Pressing the 2g/3g control will take you to the settings menu, not sure exactly what your trying to do but either unchecking the MMS&Data box will turn your data connection off entirely or pressing network mode then GSM only will turn 3g off and keep 2g on.

I am on the AT&T market and have the X10a. I am unable to find any of the things you are discussing on my Phone. Can you provide detailed directions to get there, Thanks!

NOTE: Or are you referring to the APNDroid App from the market??

Upvote 0
I'm experimenting as well with Extended Control, but didn't find a way yet to disable the data connection...

How did you got it to work?

EDIT:
Didn't get it to work untill I deleted the data for this widget via Settings > Applications > Application management. Afterwards the option with renaming the APN worked like a charm.
Now I will receive mms without the need to have the internet connection open all the time.

Upvote 0
How do i enable/disable my 3g internet using extended control, the same as APNDroid?

using the 3G-2G, it just goes to the setting menu
using the APN thingy, it does nothing.

thanks

I seem to have the same problem. When I press the button to switch between 2G and 3G it shows the menu with the connection settings instead of just switching between 2G and 3G directly.

I have a HTC Desire running Android 2.2

How did you get around this problem?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones