• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Don't play games before official release date on main account . Don't play games ripped poorly online. Never accept updates till others verify there are no stealth security patches worked into them , and your fairly safe. My friend is like 3 years without a ban so far. I read some peoples stupid accounts of being banned, (played halo online two weeks before release with a press copy...) it really seems most of it is common sence. And the money I have saved now thru games could buy me like 3 new xboxes. As long as you have no moral issues with it, I would recommend it to anyone really.

Upvote 0
Jtag x360's might be want you are looking for.

On the serious note, NYC can you talk bit more about Fable 3. I'm still sitting on my fence with the game, but got intrigued when you said it was better then Fable 1 and 2 which I really enjoyed. :)

The combat was changed slightly but overall remained relatively the same. We did get some cool battle animations from your character (ie: parry + counter on a balverine would make the balverine jump in the air and you pierce the heart w/ your sword or you would perform a vertical scissor kick in mid-air.)

Magic abilities were changed as well. We can dual cast spells now if you weren't already aware of that (although it has to be unlocked). They removed Raise Dead and Time Slow and changed them into potions.

There is no level up system (which I thought was odd but this new system works just as well). You acquire guild seals which will get you all the traits/skills/powers you desire to use.

Questing is still fun like your traditional RPG game. You still get to follow that sparkly gold line to your target destination but beware that occasionally it does bug out and disappear. Plenty of side quests to enjoy and plenty of friends to make in the game.

Upvote 0
The combat was changed slightly but overall remained relatively the same. We did get some cool battle animations from your character (ie: parry + counter on a balverine would make the balverine jump in the air and you pierce the heart w/ your sword or you would perform a vertical scissor kick in mid-air.)

Magic abilities were changed as well. We can dual cast spells now if you weren't already aware of that (although it has to be unlocked). They removed Raise Dead and Time Slow and changed them into potions.

There is no level up system (which I thought was odd but this new system works just as well). You acquire guild seals which will get you all the traits/skills/powers you desire to use.

Questing is still fun like your traditional RPG game. You still get to follow that sparkly gold line to your target destination but beware that occasionally it does bug out and disappear. Plenty of side quests to enjoy and plenty of friends to make in the game.

Yeah, that what I loved with Fable 2. I loved being the estate agent of the city, buying houses. From there can decide to be good or bad, raise the income so only the people with money can rent and etc.

I also had fun with have countless of wives and hubbies all over the place. But sounds like they fixed some of my most irritating moments in Fable 2 then actually. I don't mind having no level system, it's just how they intergrate grabbing skills.

Good example is Final Fantasy 8, not that its my favorite FF game, but its a good FF game nevertheless. I had lots of fun by max leveling my chars there and also running through game on level 10 and complete it that way. :)

Upvote 0
Yeah, that what I loved with Fable 2. I loved being the estate agent of the city, buying houses. From there can decide to be good or bad, raise the income so only the people with money can rent and etc.

You can still do that. Only difference now is that you have to repair the homes you rent or own. If you rent out a house to someone and the condition reaches 0%, they will no longer pay rent until you fix it.

Upvote 0
You can still do that. Only difference now is that you have to repair the homes you rent or own. If you rent out a house to someone and the condition reaches 0%, they will no longer pay rent until you fix it.
That crap is really annoying, was there a repair all in the older games? Once you own everything it takes forever when everything starts to break to repair it all.

Upvote 0
I just finished the game and I must say... the ending left a very sore taste in my mouth. Lionhead completely screwed up when they didn't warn you that Day 121 goes straight to Day 1. I thought that I had at least 1 more day to do things and to gather up money to save my civilians. I went to the final battle scene with -650k gold and after I finish it, it tells me that whoever remains will remember me as the ruler who let his kingdom fall? That's a huge slap in the face and HAHA by Lionhead. When it went to credits, I was left just completely pissed off because of the lack of warning of Day 121 turning into Day 1.

Before that though... the game was decent. I did get absorbed into the main story and was enjoying kicking ass. The cave part when you first meet the darkness was an adrenalin rush. I really liked the concept of being able to own and rent houses and make decisions that can alter the ending (keep in mind I've never played the previous Fables). I really liked how they did the sanctuary and kept everything in that area instead of having generic menus to change things (like inventory or character menus). I really like how they put you into Logan's place to have to basically make the moral decisions. Again, I was absorbed in the story and really wanted to save my citizens... so when that drop to Day 1 happened without warning, it was a WTF moment.

For my frustrations though... you should read this:

http://unrealitymag.com/index.php/2010/10/29/why-fable-3-is-an-embarrassment-to-video-games/

It doesn't deserve anything above a 7.5/10 or C+ rating. I'd rate it a solid 7.

My biggest issue with the game: It's more rewarding to be bad than good. That's the moral of the story.

Upvote 0
Basically, if you chose all the bad ones, you would save everyone and in the end you'll be praised for being a hero and that all is well as long as everyhings fine in the end. Whatever leads up to that point doesn't have bearing. I don't think Lionhead expected you to spend many extra hours to conjure up enough money to save everyone. I've heard a lot of people leaving their systems on and having the rent fill up their money automatically. Still in the end... It would've been a bad end game that would've forced you to wait many hours to get the money.

They were also validating that what Logan did was fine because in the end, he would've also saved everyone. Basically... You were punished for doing good deeds for the country.

When a game leaves me feeling like crap, especially when it tells me that I will be known for destroying the kingdom... That leaves a very sore taste. To me, I felt like I lost. There was no sense of accomplishment.

Upvote 0
Basically, if you chose all the bad ones, you would save everyone and in the end you'll be praised for being a hero and that all is well as long as everyhings fine in the end. Whatever leads up to that point doesn't have bearing. I don't think Lionhead expected you to spend many extra hours to conjure up enough money to save everyone. I've heard a lot of people leaving their systems on and having the rent fill up their money automatically. Still in the end... It would've been a bad end game that would've forced you to wait many hours to get the money.

They were also validating that what Logan did was fine because in the end, he would've also saved everyone. Basically... You were punished for doing good deeds for the country.

When a game leaves me feeling like crap, especially when it tells me that I will be known for destroying the kingdom... That leaves a very sore taste. To me, I felt like I lost. There was no sense of accomplishment.

I left my xbox running for a full day in order to get all the gold, if I had known that choosing the evil options I definately would have. This is a very hard game to play purely good. I didnt kill 1 innocent person anything like that, and a lot of the people really made me want to shoot them. once I finish all of the sidequests on this game im restarting and am just going to kill anyone that moves....

Upvote 0
I went over to a buddies house and I asked him how he liked it and he said he hated it lol.

<bumps down on gamefly Q list>

From what I know, a lot of people compare this to be essentially like Fable 2 in terms of mechanics. I know a lot of criticism was that there was no real improvement from the previous game. You should give it a try. I know for a lot of people this game must be a hit or miss.

Upvote 0
You should give it a try. I know for a lot of people this game must be a hit or miss.

I loved Fable 3 (all of the Fable games actually). My only complaint was that Molyneaux didn't deliver when he said that F3 would be much longer than the rest. I suppose replay value has taken quite a hit since no major DLC has been released yet.

I went over to a buddies house and I asked him how he liked it and he said he hated it lol.

<bumps down on gamefly Q list>

That's just one opinion though. You'll always find people that like/dislike a specific game for w/e reason.

Upvote 0
I LOVED Fable 2 so I couldn't wait for Fable 3 to come out. I wasn't AS into it as I was with Fable 2 but I still really liked it. I was toward the end of my game and I FELL BEHIND A CAVE and my character got stuck there. I could go to my sanctuary but I couldn't port out because I was in the middle of a storyline quest. I was so mad but I started a new game anyway. I sent all my money and stuff from my old game to my new one so I had a bunch of money to buy properties and stuff with, but my interest dropped before I could finish =( Hopefully I'll get around to finishing soon.

Upvote 0
From what I know, a lot of people compare this to be essentially like Fable 2 in terms of mechanics. I know a lot of criticism was that there was no real improvement from the previous game. You should give it a try. I know for a lot of people this game must be a hit or miss.

I loved Fable 3 (all of the Fable games actually). My only complaint was that Molyneaux didn't deliver when he said that F3 would be much longer than the rest. I suppose replay value has taken quite a hit since no major DLC has been released yet.

That's just one opinion though. You'll always find people that like/dislike a specific game for w/e reason.

Ok well I'll keep it on my wish list for sure.. You're both right I shouldn't listen to one persons opinion.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones