• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Facebook blah,blah,blah!!!!!!!!!!

Sep 10, 2010
Tx
Ok Im going to vent on this for a sec...

Is it just me or is this Facebook Announcement remind you
of Steve Jobs and his ridiculous Circus shows of awaiting announcements.

Seriously,, why doesnt Facebook just release what they have and
call it a day.. Instead they drag it on like it's some kind of world
changing Event.

Thanks for heraing me out on this. Just cant stand when Company's do
this sort of thing.

Reactions: BORIStheBLADE
and the worst part is they did ALLLL this crap and then released new apps, THAT ARE BARELY UPDATED.
This android update is still wayyyy behind the BB version. I want a notification for more than JUST messages. how about if someone comments on a photo I have, or posts on my wall - i can get EMAILS about it, but no facebook notification about it. WTF

Upvote 0
and the worst part is they did ALLLL this crap and then released new apps, THAT ARE BARELY UPDATED.
This android update is still wayyyy behind the BB version. I want a notification for more than JUST messages. how about if someone comments on a photo I have, or posts on my wall - i can get EMAILS about it, but no facebook notification about it. WTF

I feel the same way, I get SMS from facebook for notifications (wall and picture comments) but why can't I get it from the app??? We have cloud to device messaging with Froyo, that is what is needed to get notifications the same as push notifications on the iPhone.

BTW I am glad we actually get places now, but I could already check in using the check in app so it really isn't a big deal.

Upvote 0

Yea. I'd love for the app just to use incoming emails for notifications like the BB app does. :)

Upvote 0

Dudes if you want to get real time notifications just go to the android market and download "F Plus" a.k.a. "Blue Notify" the dev recently changed the name. And if you want the absolute best facebook chat app download "gochat". Both apps come with their own widgets and more than make up what the official facebook app lacks 10 times over

Upvote 0
A friend of mine made an interesting observation. Having a team of people dedicated to iOS, another to Android (and all of its versions), another for WinP7, and another for iOS is costly. He see them eventually just dropping the app altogether and just making a powerful web app. With HTML5, CSS3, JS, and the browsers getting more powerful all the time the possibilities of what a web app could do are better all the time.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones