• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Facebook notifications not working!

ILoveMyDroid

Android Enthusiast
Jan 4, 2010
I've been using my motorola Droid for quite some time now and I have always had the problem of Facebook Notifications syncing to my droid. when i go on my laptop there are 3-4 notifications. How can i see if i have any notifications for FB in the notifications panel?

The Facebook app SUCKS HORRIBLY for the Droid phones.

1.Create a bookmark for Facebook.com and leave it as a Shortcut on your Homescreen.

2. This is what I did: I created a new gmail account, specifically just for Facebook notifications. After you create a new gmail account (Or use an existing account that you don't receive a ton of emails to) change the email on your Facebook account so that notifications are sent to the new email account.

On your phone, change out the current active Gmail account to the one you just created, set the Alert time to 15 or 30 minutes, and everytime you are supposed to receive a notification, you will get an email alert which will show exactly what it is; Comment, etc.

When you get an email notification, read it and exit out of the email, and check the bookmark and this will show you the main page of your profile, with a red box up top with New Notifications which you can now read properly.

It seems like a lot of work, but it literally takes a few seconds to check notifications this way.

Hopefully Facebook gets on the ball and lets Google create a properly working app for us! :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones