• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Favorite SMS app??

Im getting issues with stock. Any pics or videos require download. When I click on download button, I get a "Download not available at the moment" or something to that nature. All of a sudden, I got several text messages today, but they were the same messages from a couple of days ago, but this time it showe the attachments. Any ideas?

you are probably roaming. When i roam i cannot get pics from my texts either. and then when i get in sprints area they flood in. sounds like a network issue not an app or phone issue

Upvote 0
I can't get used to the look of Handcent. I even changed to the android setting, without bubbles, and I still don't like it.

I prefer the stock one. Just wish it was simpler to resend a message that fails.

Edit - messed with it for a good 10 minutes, and I have it looking almost just like the stock one. I will keep using Handcent fr now.

Upvote 0
I can't get used to the look of Handcent. I even changed to the android setting, without bubbles, and I still don't like it.

I prefer the stock one. Just wish it was simpler to resend a message that fails.

Edit - messed with it for a good 10 minutes, and I have it looking almost just like the stock one. I will keep using Handcent fr now.

Just press the little failure notice. That's all it takes to resend.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones