• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Favorites Gone

No problem. I almost placed the exact same post here yesterday, till I found the linked thread. Missing favs should only be temporary. It's a troubleshooting step to find out why the board has been slow lately. Yes, we have had an influx of new memebers with a record of 36,084 online last Monday. Wait and see and navigate like we used to, ugggh.

Upvote 0
The site dev's were working on a major site update and the core system (Apache) started going a little wonky (sorry for the technical jargon ;)) so it's like discovering you're building a house on quicksand.

They are working on it, trying to keep the site up in the process. Yes it's frustrating, but being an IT manager myself, I do not envy them this hornet's nest of problems. It's even more frustrating for them.

Let's all say a prayer for the therapists they'll be overworking when this is over.

Upvote 0
The Phandoid App seems has saved my forum's favorites :)

As I remember the Phandroid app updates the favorites only if I sign out and sign in again.
So, one shouldn't sign out as long the forum's server didn't show the favorites again ;)
Then Phandroid might not show any favorites too.

Update:
After the favorites was back on the forum's server I added a favorit. I saw it on the Phandroid app without signing out/in :)

I think, I've this mixed with Tapatalk ;)

Harry

Upvote 0
The Phandoid App seems has saved my forum's favorites :)

As I remember the Phandroid app updates the favorites only if I sign out and sign in again.
So, one shouldn't sign out as long the forum's server didn't show the favorites again ;)
Then Phandroid might not show any favorites too.

Update:
After the favorites was back on the forum's server I added a favorit. I saw it on the Phandroid app without signing out/in :)

I think, I've this mixed with Tapatalk ;)

Harry
I accidentally signed out yesterday during all this, my favorites were not gone.

Reactions: Harry2
Upvote 0
Turned back on while we try to sort out other kinks. Will come back to this.

It doesn't seem to be dragging down the site. There is a little more lag with page refreshes, but that could just be more users coming back after yesterday's thing.

Oh+The+Huge+Manatee.jpg

Reactions: sammyz and agentc13
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones