• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
I received my tracking number and it is sitting in Memphis with a scheduled delivery of Thursday. Even if they ship it from the Memphis hub later tonight it could easily be delivered tommorow. I have overnighted Amazon orders using Fedex and they usually sit in the Memphis hub until around 7PM and arrive the next afternoon. I don't know why they are delaying it like this.

Upvote 0
I think the consistency is in realizing that different shipments depart the memphis hub at different times for different places. If Fedex hasn't changed since earlier this year most like my Phone will leave at or near 4:30pm today and fly (or ride) directly to tallahassee as thats when that run is made (doesn't mean I aint checking every 15 minutes).
The delay has most likely been Fedex holding them so they take 2 days to deliver, at least from the memphis facility.

I was close. Mine departed Memphis at 4pm.

Upvote 0
I'm confused by this as well. I'm about 40 minutes north of Pittsburgh, but they decide to choose Memphis. It would have probably already been here by now, but they decide to go with the slower route and make me sad.
Don't feel bad. I'm in NW Florida (Pensacola) and mine's been sitting in Philadelphia for the last 2 days. Go figure.:thinking:

Upvote 0
Don't feel bad, my phone has been sitting in Newark Fedex this whole time as well.

While we are all waiting for our phones, here is a cool video regarding FedEx and Memphis and the lengths they go through to get packages moving.(and no, it is not Rick Astley singing on the runway).

FedEx Thunderstorm deviations

That's a cool video. I can't tell you how upsetting it is to know that FedEx originally started here in Little Rock. Of course it wasn't called FedEx back then, but when they approached the city of LR wanting them to expand the airport here to support larger planes and handle more traffic (basically become capable of being an international airport) the city said no. What happened next? Packed up and moved to Memphis where they agreed to expand the airport for them. Way to go LR! That's how you lose potential jobs and tax revenue; because you don't think long term. Sorry, didn't know if you knew that or not. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones